All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

12.5 HP B& S Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

12.5 HP B& S  Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x Empty
PostSubject: 12.5 HP B& S Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x   12.5 HP B& S  Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2012, 6:38 pm

Mad ok i got a 12.5 hp briggs its a flat head engine with the 2 pc carb i took it off cleaned it checked the smal rubber were needle valve go's thats good new bowl gasket and when i try starting it is like its flooding out? the bowl is plastic and non adjustable. so idk but its making me mad.

I have a older 11hp carb 1 pc can i use it on the 12.5? i know it will bolt on but im just not sure if it'll run right ?
Back to top Go down
redneckandy

PostSubject: Re: 12.5 HP B& S Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x   12.5 HP B& S  Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 8:43 am

yup
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 12.5 HP B& S Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x   12.5 HP B& S  Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 9:08 am

11 carb will work.

Any cracks or holes in the plastic float? Float needle look good?
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: 12.5 HP B& S Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x   12.5 HP B& S  Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 9:51 am

needle looks new and good im going to switch carbs as i like the old style better lol but ill prob pull the float back out and do a submerge test in some gas to see if its got a hole or crack in it.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: 12.5 HP B& S Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x   12.5 HP B& S  Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 9:25 pm

well got my other carb on and same thing kinda turns over pops off for a quick sec but wont start or stay running well did a compression test and No No 50-60 psi????
took the head off valves looked good little carbon but all right also looked a cyl walls and they look perfect not a score make in them at all. must be worn rings its a 91 i think. retightened head tried again and same. So i think im going to sell it and get another tractor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12.5 HP B& S Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x   12.5 HP B& S  Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12.5 HP B& S Carb IDK What The Heck Is Wrong :x
Page 1 of 1