All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

The Rig mower

Go down 
+7
lawnzilla
dagr8tim
TheRainbowBoxer
dangeroustoys56
Stretch44875
Jamus
Therig
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Therig

The Rig mower - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2012, 11:41 pm

Went offroading. today ive made a few upgrades like a mega bumper as well as a set of stack brackets to allow stacks to be doubled as bush guards and not bend or fall down. Very Happy 4 went mudding 2 made it bad 2 went back down and only 1 made it back Laughing https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/17/46/26/15/04241210.jpg
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 4:24 pm

Therig wrote:
4 went mudding 2 made it bad 2 went back down and only 1 made it back Laughing

I remember those days.....

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Therig
Therig

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2012, 10:20 pm

: I went mudding the other day and something knocked my belt off the clutch pulley so it was dead in hte water
The Rig mower - Page 2 Stuck_10
Well i drove it liek that for a bit , Now i had to go to Atlanta for triumph tiger motorcycle traning so my mom drove it and wound up doing unintential wheelies on it she thought it wa sa hydro. so it shift hard. I disassembled the trans an i found this
The Rig mower - Page 2 05211210

I plan on modding this . grease will be gone for some 140w gear oil i also have acces to seals to fit the output shaft/ brake shafts ends so it wont leaks as much i also am sealing the case with some sillycone farao Laughing . i am going to install a drain and a fill for easy maintancece cheers So if and when water make its way i i will change lube on regular intervals . it seems solid the trans is a peerless 843 it is a tough cookie.

Now my buddy locked his rear end Rolling Eyes idk what he did but it required a pipe wrench o turn the trans. affraid No Suspect lol! I advised him thats bad and to find and fix it , well he didnt he drove it he has a 20 hp briggs turbo cool motor . he was goin over a custom bridge on a trail and ugh oh No Mad if you look close it cracked on bolth sides before the mounts to the frame as well, MEGADETONATIONOGEDDON
The Rig mower - Page 2 05201210
this mower is in a previos post , he made it its cool and not done the suspension held up how ever the trans didnt as you can see it litteraly spit parts out the bottom lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! cheers The Rig mower - Page 2 04241210[img]
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2012, 12:03 am

dang that trans is dead lol thats y im iffy abt welding my diff seeing i dont have any spares lol and i did the gear oil swap in a tractor of mine only prob i had was it started seaping out the brake part causing brake to slip
Back to top Go down
Therig
Therig

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2012, 8:03 am

gearheadmike wrote:
dang that trans is dead lol thats y im iffy abt welding my diff seeing i dont have any spares lol and i did the gear oil swap in a tractor of mine only prob i had was it started seaping out the brake part causing brake to slip

Mine is welded and ive yet to have an issue with it Very Happy . he welded the gears crooked affraid and thats that caused the slight malfunction lol!
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2012, 1:37 pm

yea that will do it lol
Back to top Go down
Therig
Therig

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 11:57 pm

gearheadmike wrote:
yea that will do it lol
When i weld a diff, what i try to do is not get the axles or axle gears welded but the spyder gears themselfs welded. study In short, i want the axles to still have the ability to move and wiggle , i mean lets face it its not like lawn mower transmission are held to high tolorences, cheers lol! but if the axles can float and are free, tht reduces strees on the cases and driveline because thier not in any way binding and thus you wont have been mechanicly responsable for blowing your gearbox. Twisted Evil Laughing This is something to also keep in mind, the gear box was desighned for 1 wheel pee,l posi or true 2 as i call it Laughing will be 2x or more the normal strees load potential for your trans add more aggressive tires , bigger motor, overdrive / racing gearing and its easy to overwhelm your gearbox and affraid No No No boom your done. so any mods are alwasy a calculated risk lol! study
Back to top Go down
Therig
Therig

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2012, 8:12 pm

The new allice mega mower has been forged cheers cheers cheers lol! THe story goes my buddy split his peerless in a few pieces welds bnroke on hte diff and a hunk of weld was jammed in the ring ger and it went boom. I put the last spare trans i had in his mower reinforced the transmission with braceing ext. i advised hime to leave it 1 wheel peel so it would have some slip , that way he may not blow up the 7th gearbox . Very Happy Mad lol! Well he was hauling wood and he decided it woud be funny to dump the clutch in 5th gear, and he broke 7 gears and sent a piece of case flying No affraid Now the craftsman that he spent so much time working on is dead again. How ever his little brother has a allice chalmers garden tractor Smile So john and i went mower hunting and found these to agway/ mtd mowers, i run we traded his lil bro for the allice and some old tires ,

I spen this last week makeing it , of course john helped to.

Check out the pics
the new allice next to the angersol
The Rig mower - Page 2 06221211

The Rig mower - Page 2 06221210
these are the last 2 transmissions hes demolished affraid affraid No lol! lol!

The Rig mower - Page 2 06111210

The Rig mower - Page 2 05241210
Back to top Go down
XJeric
XJeric

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 7:14 pm

Looks like your friend needs a stainless steel axle hoseing or a jr dragster rearend or quad rear end someting more beffy to take abuse .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EricHolmyellow53
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2012, 5:06 pm

I have a couple tractors with 600 series teccy transmissions ( pretty beefy) - they run berings and gear oil in them- only bad thing is theyre a 3 speed.

From the looks of it - thats the original grease in those busted transmissions - thats exactally what happened to my 85LT12 craftsman with the 18 year old grease in it - best thing to do is crack open those old transmissions, clean that nasty grease out, grease with heavy duty grease and add zerk fittings to sock some fresh grease to it.

I dumped the grease out of my 88 kleen kut's trans - stuff literally looked like baby crap - all thick n nasty and partially filled with water as well.
Back to top Go down
Therig
Therig

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2012, 8:58 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
I have a couple tractors with 600 series teccy transmissions ( pretty beefy) - they run berings and gear oil in them- only bad thing is theyre a 3 speed.

From the looks of it - thats the original grease in those busted transmissions - thats exactally what happened to my 85LT12 craftsman with the 18 year old grease in it - best thing to do is crack open those old transmissions, clean that nasty grease out, grease with heavy duty grease and add zerk fittings to sock some fresh grease to it.

I dumped the grease out of my 88 kleen kut's trans - stuff literally looked like baby crap - all thick n nasty and partially filled with water as well.

Yeah Ya know i was running greas in mine. Smile i posted pics of it when i disassembled ait after some mud water action Twisted Evil . filled it up. What i did was i went to walmart they have this cleare general silicone in a huge caulk tube so i used that along with i rings and it sealed right up u went to tractor supply and got some 140w gear oil- filled it about half up on hte bottom used o rings as seals sealed the case and it has never given me a problem. The only thing i would do better if i could would be to make a better drain lug area , the case was to thin so the plug went in but im not sure if i wana take it back out. i dont want to strip threads. but hey it dosent leak at all,
Back to top Go down
Therig
Therig

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 11:21 pm

Ya know when people see my lanw mower and ask what do you do with that. When i rpely i get wierd looks and laughs. I tell them dont knock it till you triy it. So if you agree get your friedns on to a mud tractor and let the good time mow cheers
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2012, 12:43 pm

I know what you mean! We started out with one tractor like 15 years ago, grown to 5 machines now, and people have always scoffed until they see them in action. Now we usually have about 50 people show up at our yearly event, some participating, others just watching, but everyone having a good time!

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Trikahilux
Trikahilux

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 12:11 am

Therig wrote:
The Rig mower - Page 2 06111210

I don't see a problem here, the gears look fine. lol! just kidding!!!

sweet rigs man, love the doully. deff' would like to see how thats done! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rig mower   The Rig mower - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rig mower
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2