All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andy-roo
andy-roo

Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Empty
PostSubject: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeThu 03 May 2012, 10:06 am

Im looking for some ideas for a front an rear bumper...i am going to be making them for a newer wheel horse
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeThu 03 May 2012, 12:10 pm

Here is what I'm using at the moment. But they require access to welder/cut off/metal. Bent the hoop on the front with a large conduit bender(electrician tool)

Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Picture021Medium

Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Picture022Medium
Back to top Go down
andy-roo
andy-roo

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 12:35 pm

i was looking at something similar but like the ones tht they haver on the lifted jeeps an i may mount a winch
Back to top Go down
idlorah
idlorah

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 1:36 pm

strech, Dont u think thats a bit big? Question
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 3:50 pm

They do well for me. The hoop on the front protects the hood/headlights, which have been destroyed before.
Back to top Go down
andy-roo
andy-roo

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 9:00 pm

i am going to do something simliar for the rear an for the front something similar but bent outward more an not quite as big..the one u hav is a bit intense
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 6:37 am

I should also mention they make a great spot for pushing each other out, push starting a dead tractor, hooking a tow rope to, or 2 guys can pick the front/back up and get it unstuck. One on the best mod's I've made.
I've seen multiple tractors get flipped down a hill, or in a race, I hope this helps.

Best one is I'm standing on the side of a large hill, in the woods. My kid was up the hill some. I see something, and here goes his tractor flying down the hill, and he is chasing it. He got off to take a piss and forgot to park it... He didn't catch it, but not for lack of trying. That one destroyed the steering wheel, rear rim, and gas tank.
Back to top Go down
andy-roo
andy-roo

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 8:52 pm

go big or go home i guess! lol im still tossing around ideas with it in my head cuz i was wheeling it today an it goes pretty good except when ur like me an hammer it ointo the deepest part wheer ik i can get in ther with my older wheel horse to pull it right out...comes out easy with tht
Back to top Go down
XJeric
XJeric

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2012, 4:59 pm

this is my front bumper i built out of scrap metal supper stong i was jumping up and down on it to test it it held my230lbs jumping on it then i put light tabs on and kc daylighters fog lights on Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. 08021212
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EricHolmyellow53
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.   Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need front and rear bumper ideas for a newer Wheelhorse.
Page 1 of 1