All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower? Empty
PostSubject: Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower?   Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2012, 9:19 pm

ive been thinking about puttong the rear end from a golf cart in a mower lol i was plannig on putting it on a lifted mower cause it alread has brakes and a hub, my idea was putting a peice of steel tubing on the shaft out of the rear end and putting a smaller shaft at the top for a pully , any one think this will work? or am i crazy for thinkin it
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower?   Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower? Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2012, 6:52 am

It can work, but you need a transmission. no reverse or shifting gears without one.
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower?   Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower? Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2012, 1:00 pm

yea i had thought of that and im tryin to think of a small one i moght could get cheap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower?   Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you use the rear end from a golf cart for a lifted mower?
Page 1 of 1