All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

lawn tractor on steroids

Go down 
+3
CityRedneck
mowerstompin
race murry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
race murry
race murry

lawn tractor on steroids Empty
PostSubject: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2012, 11:42 pm

been geting bord with the tractors i got. seeing what u guys would think of a v8 powerd lawntractor just for racing and mudd racin tell me what u guys would think
Back to top Go down
mowerstompin
mowerstompin

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2012, 12:18 pm

I think id be to much work, time, and money to build something like that. Talkin serious frame strengthening, youd have to figure out the tranny, rear end stuff and all that. I personally think itd be a waste of money to be honest, a v8 just way much. Now if it was me and i wanted to use a different kinda motor then a vertical shaft mower engine id use a atv motor, and maybe a 125/250 dirt bike motor. Would be awrsome, fast and fun, and much cheaper. Dont get mr wrong a v8 mower would be different and neat i just personally wouldnt ever try and do it.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mowerstompin
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2012, 1:57 pm

yea. but i get what he means with the v8 but it would be ALOT of work unless you have the parts and engine laying around. ive been wanting to put a small diesel engine in my tractor but might not and might just do a cr500 or cr250 engine in it
Back to top Go down
race murry
race murry

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2012, 5:46 pm

i got all the parts and u just bold a drive shaft to the moter and use a old hydro trans
Back to top Go down
fetters18
fetters18

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2012, 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 4:09 pm

When you think of it, Building a V8 Lawn mower would be cheaper then a cr250 or cr500 probably(if you had all the materials for frame strengthening), Looking Online I can get a 305 with an automatic transmission for $400 in working condition(60,000 km) and I can get a rear end from an older chevy truck for $100(with the driveshaft) and with some axle shortening it would look good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
race murry
race murry

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 4:13 pm

i got a chevy 350 and trans and a lot of tractors to make it nothign better then ur dad working in a scrap yard to get free stuff
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 4:14 pm

race murry wrote:
i got a chevy 350 and trans and a lot of tractors to make it nothign better then ur dad working in a scrap yard to get free stuff
if you willing to put in the time it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 4:30 pm

most guys just use the old drive shaft hydro transmissions and buy stronger gears so it can withstand the horsepower and custom make a drive shaft its a hell of a lot of work if you don't have all the stuff to make custom parts. I think its a waste of money unless you have the machines to make your own parts. but good luck.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 4:34 pm

matthew sidor wrote:
most guys just use the old drive shaft hydro transmissions and buy stronger gears so it can withstand the horsepower and custom make a drive shaft its a hell of a lot of work if you don't have all the stuff to make custom parts. I think its a waste of money unless you have the machines to make your own parts. but good luck.
I personally wouldn't do a V8, I would use a 4cylinder engine from a FWD car and put that in and turn it then put a rear end on it. Buying the stronger gears would be alot of money but the driveshafts aren't hard to make, its just alot of accuracy.
Back to top Go down
race murry
race murry

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 4:47 pm

it was just a thought of a cool build im to busy to build one but maby later on down the road ill make it
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 8:08 pm

Do it when your retired and have nothing else do to and have the money to do it.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2012, 7:06 pm

Anything's possible - ive seen some videos of a guy that wedged a small block chevy motor into a ATV - he was using it for local pull competitions.

Some shaft drive transmission would need to be used ( and modded) - heck use a narrowed car rear axle - Panzer tractors came stock with them.

Alot of fabbing would be needed....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lawn tractor on steroids   lawn tractor on steroids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lawn tractor on steroids
Page 1 of 1