All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Empty
PostSubject: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 8:54 pm

Has anyone else switched their lawn mower battery out and put a car battery in? If so has there been any cons?
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 8:57 pm

Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? 2012-011
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 1:33 am

well did it work good
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:57 am

yea so far it works great! i had to bore the holes to fit the bolts through the connectors or w.e. lol but no biggie. maybe ill make a video cuz i need some help troubleshooting my transmission
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 9:05 am

i am using a big 12v tractor battery.
Back to top Go down
greener179
greener179

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 2:26 pm

i wouldnt use a car battery i did and it fried all my wiring
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:07 pm

Ive been using it just to start it for a while but now i just hooked it up because i was sick of lugging a huge batttery around plus a tripod case and sometimes tools. If anything i will have to rewire the mower which isnt to bad because ive been wanting to put all new wires and stuff in it.
Back to top Go down
greener179
greener179

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 4:32 pm

ok because i was out riding shut my mower off tried to start it didnt crank over and started to smoke fried most of the wiring and started cranking its self over
Back to top Go down
boggo
boggo

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 5:20 am

yer man i used a heavy duty truck batt. XD fuckan heavy! but i have an old murry the thing is built like a tank Razz
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 6:21 am

greener179

It sounds like you may of had a preexisting wiring problem.
What size fuse where you using?

Smile ...Just trying to help out... Smile
Back to top Go down
greener179
greener179

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 1:14 pm

opps never thought about that fuse o well now its a parts machine and i got a 1970s mongomery wards and its a tank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?   Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it a good idea to switch the old battery for a car battery?
Page 1 of 1