All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Bought a Golf Cart

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 9:25 pm

This weekend after comming back from North Augusta Motorsports park my brothers friend texted him and told him he bought a golf cart for a couple cans of beer and my brother offered to give him $40 for the Golf cart and he said it was a deal so me and him split and bought it, Everything mechanically works(even the battery holds a charge) but it doesn't look all that pretty. There is no Roof, a couple dents on the body, some plastics are falling off, etc.

Bought a Golf Cart Photo1
Bought a Golf Cart Photo4
This is the Golf cart, its an EZ-Go Gas powered(twin cylinder, OHC) Golf Cart, the Cylinders are probably the size of a golf ball.

Bought a Golf Cart Photo5
This is the biggest dent on the thing, looks like he hit a telephone pole.

Bought a Golf Cart Photo3
This is the Rear suspension, its Leaf springs all the way around, I with it was coil springs but for $40 it seems like a smoking deal, Hopefully we can do something with it, I want to possibly lock the rear end, put lights on the back rack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 10:47 pm

Running golf cart for a couple beers? Is it stolen?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 11:23 pm

Hey, that is a stinken good deal. It's in much better shape than mine which was a freebie. Now you can sell it for some $700 bucks and get a bunch of $$$$. Most of the golf carts I see here are in the $1000 range. Insane.

Bought a Golf Cart DSC_0711
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 11:20 pm

my guess is that its stolen but the guy was drunk when he sold it, when my friend bought it he didn't know what the original colour was because it was covered in mud. Still if it was stolen a long time ago I don't think anyone would be looking for it anymore(not saying its right to steal something).
Back to top Go down

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 8:59 pm

Price parts for a complete engine rebuild before you start buying any parts for it. Its about 30 years old and looks like a money pit. You could spend $1000 just to getting it running and it will still look like its fresh out of the junkyard. add another $800 in tires, paint , body work , seats and misc. then you are ready to ride the hell out of it or sell it for $800
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 11:17 pm

rat88 wrote:
Price parts for a complete engine rebuild before you start buying any parts for it. Its about 30 years old and looks like a money pit. You could spend $1000 just to getting it running and it will still look like its fresh out of the junkyard. add another $800 in tires, paint , body work , seats and misc. then you are ready to ride the hell out of it or sell it for $800

Mine runs, drives, etc. Everything works well on my one or are you talking about "Tractor Man Jeff"? If I had his I would keep it stock ride height and put a Street bike motor in it with a live axle, etc. and rip around on it.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 7:39 pm

This guy on YT took an old electric golf kart, mounted a verticle shaft 12HP briggs motor on it, a 700 trans ( lower input, sproket side output) - ran some pulley's and chains to the original trans - that thing would do jumps like no tomorrow and haul pretty darn fast.

I like golf kart wheels - i have a bunch of em - just picked up 2 more for $2.50 each from a thrift store - plan is to have a couple sets of wheels for each of my mod tractors - one 'street' set and a set of turf tires.

Being down south, i thought id see em all over super cheep ( used ones ) took forever to get more then 4 - i didnt pay more then $15 per wheel .
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 9:07 pm

I don't know what I'll do with it. I ain't going to dump any money in it. My truck takes enough money anyway. Very Happy It really is a piece of junk. Who knows. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 10:46 pm

The electric golf cart conversion seems like a cool idea but if you already have a gas motor in it it would be pointless.

What kind of truck do you have? a 1 tonne truck? why does it drain your pockets?
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 9:49 am

Mine is electric, but the motor is junk. In some of my pictures in my build thread, you can see it. It's an 86 ford F350. It just needs some work done to it before it can really be used. I need a truck more than a golf cart anyway.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 11:09 pm

Tractor Man Jeff wrote:
Mine is electric, but the motor is junk. In some of my pictures in my build thread, you can see it. It's an 86 ford F350. It just needs some work done to it before it can really be used. I need a truck more than a golf cart anyway.
yeah cops don't give as much of a hassle with a truck compared to a golf cart also:P
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 7:15 pm

HAHA! Very Happy Yep. Plus, a truck will be of more help than a golf cart. What should I do with mine? I would like to make some money with it, but I don't know if people will buy a piece-of-junk-looking golf cart.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 10:55 pm

Tractor Man Jeff wrote:
HAHA! Very Happy Yep. Plus, a truck will be of more help than a golf cart. What should I do with mine? I would like to make some money with it, but I don't know if people will buy a piece-of-junk-looking golf cart.
post an ad online for $100 or $150 and see if anyone offers to pick it up, suggest that its similar to modify.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 11:06 pm

That's what I was thinking. I will probably do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bought a Golf Cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a Golf Cart   Bought a Golf Cart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a Golf Cart
Page 1 of 1