All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)

Go down 
+3
XJeric
matthew sidor
TennesseeCowboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Empty
PostSubject: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2012, 6:57 pm

New guy here! I've been followin' you guys as a guest for a while and figured I'd post my tractor for you guys to see. I'm kinda at a stand still right now and need some ideas. Anyways here it is after my latest creek ride..
Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0016

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0017

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0018

Here's a tool box i made.
Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0019

And heres the rack i have mounted on the back. I'm gonna weld some pieces around it to give it some sides.
Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0020

This beast had been sittin in my barn for around ten years before i pulled it out. My papaw had bought it new in 1980 something.
What i've done so far..

-Took the deck off
-Put Atv tires on the back
-Strengthened the hood and some of the frame
-Took off the decals
-Spray painted it
-Trimmed my fenders off to fit the larger tires
-Made and mounted the toolbox and rack
-Adjusted the brake/clutch to handle more speed

What I plan on doing..

-Adding new tires on the front (need ideas)
-Modifying the rack more
-Repainting (maybe)
-Playing around with the pulleys and brakes some more to make for a smoother ride
-Hopefully find a better steering system

Thanks for lookin'. All ideas and comments are appreciated!! Twisted Evil

Last edited by TennesseeCowboy on August 10th 2012, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2012, 7:38 pm

what size tire in the back
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2012, 10:45 pm

matthew sidor wrote:
You know i really don't know off the top of my head. I'll have to get back to you on that.
Back to top Go down
XJeric
XJeric

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2012, 2:28 am

front bumper and maby put the old rear tires on the front check out my builds for some idias
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EricHolmyellow53
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2012, 4:50 pm

I have a stock version of one of those - when i bot it many years ago and replaced the shattered spindle bushings so it would steer straight - and while i rebuilt the deck i took it down in the swamp behind my folks place - it dug in pretty good in stock form, only thing i changed while i mudded it was the smooth front tires - thing wouldnt steer worth a darn. It actually still steers pretty bad - even after adjusting and tweeking the steering setup.

Since it sounds like itll be doing permenent mud detail - id go for a pair of ATV or knobby wheels for the front - best steering would be direct steer , unless you plan on lifting it , in that case retrofitting another steering setup off another tractor might be better.

The transmission in mine is pretty beefy - its already set up stock to run gear oil .

I bot a pair of rear tires similar to yours at a flea market for $25 - wooley boogers - those are going on my 90's GT murray trail machine ( eventually) .

I find the best places to look for stuff is at flea markets/thrift stores - our local 'Restore' also has a bunch of cool stuff now and then - bot a bunch of golf kart rims real cheep ( last 2 were $2.50 each) - so those are places to look.
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2012, 7:20 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
I have a stock version of one of those - when i bot it many years ago and replaced the shattered spindle bushings so it would steer straight - and while i rebuilt the deck i took it down in the swamp behind my folks place - it dug in pretty good in stock form, only thing i changed while i mudded it was the smooth front tires - thing wouldnt steer worth a darn. It actually still steers pretty bad - even after adjusting and tweeking the steering setup.

Since it sounds like itll be doing permenent mud detail - id go for a pair of ATV or knobby wheels for the front - best steering would be direct steer , unless you plan on lifting it , in that case retrofitting another steering setup off another tractor might be better.

The transmission in mine is pretty beefy - its already set up stock to run gear oil .

I bot a pair of rear tires similar to yours at a flea market for $25 - wooley boogers - those are going on my 90's GT murray trail machine ( eventually) .

I find the best places to look for stuff is at flea markets/thrift stores - our local 'Restore' also has a bunch of cool stuff now and then - bot a bunch of golf kart rims real cheep ( last 2 were $2.50 each) - so those are places to look.
I agree about the tires. I can barely even steer in the mud haha. I'm currently looking for some tall knobby tires for the front since the back tires won't fit with the foot boards. I doubt i'm gonna change the steering too much though. I might just beef it up a little bit.
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2012, 7:27 pm

TennesseeCowboy wrote:
matthew sidor wrote:
You know i really don't know off the top of my head. I'll have to get back to you on that.
They're 22x11x8. Pretty great mud tires if you ask me, haha. jocolor
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 12:44 am

alright since u have 22s in the back i would put 18s in the front or 16s
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 5:22 pm

So, today has been crazy haha
My cousin bought a 12 hp Murray to make into a mudder, and asked me to help him.

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0021

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0022

After putting fresh gas, and a battery in it, it fired right up. After we took the deck off and inspected everything, we changed the oil and the drive belt. Afterwards he drove it and i drove my Dynamark around the field and somehow both of our tractors gave out at around the same time. After two long pushes to the garage i fixed his mower. He couldn't get his to start, which was caused by a faulty solenoid, which we replaced. Now here comes the question..My tractor feels like it doesn't have enough power to even move. It jumps and jerks and will move a little in first and reverse, but won't move up and kind of hill. I noticed the belt has a small worn spot on the fat side. It almost feels like the belt is slipping. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 9:30 pm

Time for a new belt - get a kevlar red/green/blue belt - something heavy duty- wont be cheep, but itll last longer.
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 12:07 am

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Time for a new belt - get a kevlar red/green/blue belt - something heavy duty- wont be cheep, but itll last longer.
Actually, i was suprised to find that the pulley thats attached to the brakes was spinning too close to the brake pedal housing and was rubbing. All i had to do was re-adjust it so it would be a little farther away which also tightened the belt too.
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 9:30 pm

I added a stack to my mower and i love the sound of it! I made it out of some old pipe. The only thing i had to buy were the elbows.

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0021

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0022

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Imag0023
Back to top Go down
ThomasBuilds
ThomasBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2013, 8:24 am

how do you upload photos i try and it will not upload?!
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2013, 9:34 am

Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2013, 9:37 am

Use an external source such as photobucket, Picasa, or Flickr. I"m really likin your build man.
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2013, 10:21 pm

That thread in the link should help you out bud, and thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)   Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynamark Mud-Bogger (UPDATES)
Page 1 of 1