All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Friend or Foe?

Go down 
+3
Stretch44875
WellThatsSurprising
Junkstarbuilds
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2012, 4:49 am

I would like to take a poll on how many members use this site as well as the other Off road mower site : ATLMA

I attempted to become a member of thiers, but they have ridiculous rules and are "braggy" if you know what i mean..

But, I would imagine some members here are members there...or are they rivals? was this site started because they are dicks?

Clue me in...school me oh wizards of the web... study

Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2012, 4:59 am

That forum was abandoned by the members for all the horrid rules. Just look, the last post made was MONTHS ago.
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2012, 10:44 am

I tried to join there at first also... and realized it was a dead forum.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 3:00 pm

Rolling Eyes ...Chris is a DICK. He is like a five year old ( This is MY sand box and YOU WILL PLAY MY WAY!) Will not carry on an adult conversation if you dont see it his way you are a stupid " back-yard-basher (BYB)". He doesn't want us back-yard-bashers playing in his sand box! and has stated he wold rather see the web site go down then then let us back-yard-bashers play in his sand box! IMO

" Backyard bashers are NOT welcome here. this is the wrong place for you!"

Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: I agree   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 3:34 pm

I think a back yard basher is a start for most guys..& girls..lol. We all got to start somewhere and with this forum you learn the ropes without being subject to douche baggery
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 11:04 pm

Ive looked in and joined a bit of tractor forums but none compare to this i love ATLTF I love you here u dont have to be afraid of what u post and how members will react.
Back to top Go down
greener179
greener179

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2012, 12:30 am

agreed
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2012, 9:38 pm

I considered joining there years ago - till i saw how the moderator treated people ( his way or highway) - the fact about that is he's also in cahoots with heymow - the racing tractor site, so he probably has to stay strict to keep on their good side.

I understand not all people have a ton of cash to build proper machines, heck i dont - why most my tractors have been WIPs or taken apart/rebuilt better. Im not saying dont have fun, just be careful.

Id say for safety's sake at least have decent brakes and wear a helmit - even on a stock tractor . Ive run some stockers thru the swamp behind the folks house and flipped over/crashed tons of times , and wasnt wearing a helmit - but came darn close to being hurt bad enough more then a few times.

Y just dont bounce back as easy when y get older - ive had my share of ER visits over the years - worst one was cutting my right middle finger down to the tendon working on my plain stock mower - 7 stitches to close it up, done it like 4 years ago and still bothers me sometimes , specially in cold weather.

All it takes is for that 'one' bad crash to ruin things.

Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2012, 10:47 pm

I hear ya on that i work on engines a different way now after last year loosing from the knuckel up on my right thumb on a 2stroke snowmobile engine fan. But i gess there allways will be some places that will be to strick for most ppl
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Im all for..   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2012, 9:48 am

I personally am against being so strick that it comes off as rude..

I am much more for "Guidelines", Dont tell me what to do, but give me guidance..let me make my own choice to do the right thing.. Suspect

I think we as a community have a responsibility to just look out for each other and simply suggest alternatives when we see unsafe things..

I hate to hear of accidents, sorry about your knuckle(s)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friend or Foe?
Page 1 of 1