All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Agway offroader project

Go down 
+9
redneckwagon
Jamus
Jordan
MSteele323
indianaboy93
Chunk
Webmaster
Thevinnieman92
dangeroustoys56
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Agway offroader project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agway offroader project   Agway offroader project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 11:04 am

Major score for the agway today - i mentioned i got a pair of ATV tires from my nephew for $20 - those are smaller front tires- bot a pair of 9" rims off ebay for $30 - i was planning on putting em on the back, BUT theyre just too small.

Well today at a local fleamarket i scored a pair of 25x13.00x9 wooly booger tires with rims for the huge amount of $25 - they are huge compared to the ones on it now, have nearly new tread and are holding air nicely. Brand new one of these tires this size run around $70 each .

Looks like my wheelhorse rat rod will need another set of hubs, as my set now are going on the agway .
Back to top Go down
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: Agway offroader project   Agway offroader project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 5:06 pm

Sweet man is there an updated pic?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Agway offroader project   Agway offroader project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 6:50 am

Not yet - i took a pic of the tires with my phone- ill haveta transfer em to the puter to post them.

I might have to use another method of attaching the wheels- hubs are 1" axle on the rear - probably do the spare mower rim deal bolted to the atv rims- im not welding anything to those perfectly good rims.

The plus is when i do the 4 by conversion - those atv wheels up front will dig nicely .

I think ill have to see about having a tire shop mount those rims , dont want to damage either one.
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Agway offroader project   Agway offroader project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 11:59 pm

hey can you upload some pics of your lt11?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Agway offroader project   Agway offroader project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 11:54 am

Finally - a few minutes to breathe... heres those wooly booger tires -
Agway offroader project - Page 3 Photo-10

The LT 11 craftsman? Its smaller then the LT12's - uses a 'pan chassis' also- eventually im going to restore it for mowing and repaint it original silver again:
Agway offroader project - Page 3 File0014
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Agway offroader project   Agway offroader project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 3:47 pm

Its official - the agway is done as a off roader - i took the big tires off , swapping all the stock mowing stuff back on it - altho im keeping the slightly smaller rear pulley for a tad more mowing speed.

After thinking about it, my recent GT murray purchase will make alot better offroader - 1" axles on the trans will allow me to bolt hubs directly on and use the wooley boogers - the large rear wheels I put on the agway will go on the front of the GT murray( red tractor on the right) :

Agway offroader project - Page 3 File0310

Since the GT is pretty beat up anyway, itll be a perfect machine to rebuild , and be plenty beefy to eventually mount a trans up front.
Back to top Go down
MurrayMayhem
MurrayMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Agway offroader project   Agway offroader project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 6:36 pm

Are you still going with this build, just wanted to say, mine ran for 20 years perfectly, but now is it's time to go. Those things are as good as murray gets, don't tear that thing up, like I did to mine. Its still a good tractor. Mine is completely trashed now, after blowing up the axle, rusted, cut up hood, and beat in dashboard, and a rusty frame(that I might still actually use because its not bad rust) and I'm using the steering for another build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agway offroader project   Agway offroader project - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agway offroader project
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3