All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

transaxle keeps breaking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogger31
Boogger31

transaxle keeps breaking Empty
PostSubject: transaxle keeps breaking   transaxle keeps breaking Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2013, 8:52 am

My trans axle keeps breaking the case. is there anyway to make them stronger.
Back to top Go down
RCG
RCG

2016 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: transaxle keeps breaking   transaxle keeps breaking Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2013, 9:02 am

Under carige frame brace was what i planned on when i make it in the next few weaks i will post up the video and pics in my build thread
Back to top Go down
http://www.Mudmower.com
Boogger31
Boogger31

PostSubject: Re: transaxle keeps breaking   transaxle keeps breaking Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2013, 9:15 am

That's what i was thinking of doing.but this case split in the front last night. i haven't looked real good yet but from what i did see it looks as if it stripped the threads on the bolts and just lifted the top part of the case. i just don't have the best of luck with the transaxles lol
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: transaxle keeps breaking   transaxle keeps breaking Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2013, 11:48 am

The bolts in the transaxles use a triangular shaped thread, instead of round. Rethreading the case and using regular full thread bolts will greatly help. If it has already come apart, drill and tap the bottom case to the next larger size, usally 5/16-18 thread, and go to 5/16 18 bolts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: transaxle keeps breaking   transaxle keeps breaking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

transaxle keeps breaking
Page 1 of 1