All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lawnguy17

Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more. Empty
PostSubject: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more. Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 11:23 pm

hello everyone. I own a toro lx425 I want to swap out the transaxle for a 6 speed but im having trouble planning this so if anyone has idea do tell. you can see it on my youtube channel dragon124356. if not I,m planning to turn it to a mudding/off road tractor
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more. Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 10:47 pm

go to a junk yard or scrap yard or steal a manuel tranmsion of some lawn mower and a clutch assembly. and hook the stuff up pretty common scene stuff
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2013, 12:06 am

cumminsbayou wrote:
go to a junk yard or scrap yard or steal a manuel tranmsion of some lawn mower and a clutch assembly. and hook the stuff up pretty common scene stuff

Thats the best way to do it, to check a scrapyard or pull from another tractor. The only issue is the holes might line up, like in my case my new 6 speed didnt line up on my MTD chassis. Some light metal work and it lined up perfect.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
lawnguy17

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2013, 10:14 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
cumminsbayou wrote:

Thats the best way to do it, to check a scrapyard or pull from another tractor. The only issue is the holes might line up, like in my case my new 6 speed didnt line up on my MTD chassis. Some light metal work and it lined up perfect.

that's true I will fit its just the matter of my making a new linkage arm for the shifter
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2013, 10:25 pm

lawnguy17 wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:
cumminsbayou wrote:

that's true I will fit its just the matter of my making a new linkage arm for the shifter

What type of shift lever does it have now?

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
lawnguy17

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more. Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 8:46 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
lawnguy17 wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:
cumminsbayou wrote:

What type of shift lever does it have now?

well its on the left basically from the knob you move it turns a shifter I think on the side of the trans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.
Page 1 of 1