All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My poor girl

Go down 
+2
Doug
Chopperhed
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 9:34 pm

My poor girl Sasha is having some gastro problems

She hasn't been eating or crapping properly for a few days, and she went to see the vet today.
They took some exrays, and did some blood work.

Turns out, shes bunged up in the colon. most likely due to dehydration, caused by her anti inflamotory meds. She also has a mass in her stomach, which is proably backed up food since her colon is plugged up.

She goes back in the morning at 8 and will be there for the weekend on an IV, trying to get more water in her. Then she will get an enema, to clean out her colon. Then we can address the thing in her stomach.

She will be a very unhappy girl for the next while.

One of the bad things about purebred German sheppards is their touchy stomachs, and susceptability to arthritis.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 9:41 pm

Damn, that sucks. Hope everything turns out OK.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 10:58 pm

We had a rough time with our grate dane, we bought 2 pure bread great danes, brother and sister from the same litter. They played together alot for the first 8 months we had them then all of a sudden the girl started limping and we thought it was from the other one playing to hard.
we brought her to the vet and they couldn't find anything and sent her back home and it never went away for the next 6 months so we went back and said she hasnt gotten over it and got her to check her again and the person at the front desk said "we already know what it is from the way shes walking" so we talked to the vet and she called it "wobblers disease" or it was a brain tumor. Both would cost at-least $5,000 plus $500-$1000 for x-rays(only 4 x-rays), so we said not to bother and to put her down because it was to much. the doctor said she would have to get driven 2 hours away for one surgery to get done and they said for a small dog it would cost $5000 and she still wouldn't be able to play like she was able to before. Dogs are expensive and end up being like family member most of the times. Hope everything goes well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 11:19 pm

Our dog Elvis ( black lab) had some issues in the middle of the year last year, ended up having lymphoma cancer.

We had him on steroids and antibiotics for a while , he did real good, but for one two week checkup we knew it was his time, even tho we didnt want to.... he had a good life, was a little over 9 years old.

We had him cremated , i couldnt bear to put him in the backyard - hes actually on our entertainment center in a nice lil box with his picture on it.

Its a hard thing to deal with, we still miss him alot .

Im sure your dog will come thru ok .

We had Elvis on his own health insurance thru Pet Smart ( actually Banfield pet center inside) - it saved a whole ton of money on his office visits over the years, meds and shots.

When we do get another dog, itll have the insurance as well.

Its a wise investment for pet owners - if theres one nearby.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2013, 12:07 am

Wildy, I know that feeling, and you did the right thing.

Dangerous, I've been through that one too.

I had a regeistered rough blue Chow chow(Bear), before I got my rescue Husky/Collie /Kangaroo cross Jake

The chow chow died from a heart attck the day we took him in in to find out why he wasn't eating. He had a tumour the size of a golf ball at the back of his throat. Then heart attack was from the stress of being sick, and left at the vt for exrays, He was 16

We thought about pet insurance, but in all of our 25 years of dog ownership, we really haven't had expensive dogs when it comes to mediacal expenses.

Cats on the other hand, Don't get me started...

The OL has a cabinet in our front room, with the ashes of every pet we've ever had together. Each pet is in a box, with pictures on all sides, and precious toys and items around them.

The only puppy we ever had was bought from a local farmer for 10 bucks. all others have been SPCA adoptions, or out right rescues.

Remembered family

Cat A brain damaged car victim, had to put him down,

Gizmo Rescued from a drunken indian, Boston terrorist cross, vanished with out a trace, suspect theft. No respone to ads. or search
Buddy Moved in, moved out Orange tabby, big as a house

Buddy II Adult male tabby, he moved in, died from a maliscious speeder, estimatd at 12, I had him for 8

Fred Adult male Calico, left behind by previous tenants, we had him for 12 years,

Quila, Norwegian Elkhound. previously mentioned puppy, Lived for 18 years. survived jumping off a
garage, testicular tumours, and jumping out of a movin vehicle
PAssed away at 17

Sebastien (Sebby), a Rotty Sheppard cross, grew to 160 pounds, got him when a SIL couldn`t keep him. He was 13
Roxie, a Dobie Rotty cross, She was the sweetest most well behaved little lady I ever had. Bad arthritis, Passed away from old age she was 16

May they rest in peace

Surviving family

Jake, AKA ``Jakeroo``,`` Jakey``,`` You little bugger``. etc., He`s a Husky collie cross that escaped from a reservation. Best lttle goofball you ever saw. Never fails to make me laugh. Came from the humane society, wearing a cone. Lived on his own for a year and a half. just loves to be alive with people that love him

Sasha, `My pretty Girl``,``My Little Princes``, a 15 year old German Sheppard female. The aboslutely smartest dog I have ever had. Absolutely perfect with kids, incredibly smart, very protective,and beautiful to boot.

Currently miserable.
I don`t feel much better.

Thanks for listening

Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Murray modder

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2013, 1:31 am

I have a puppy...Named Bandit, Always to smart for his own good, jumping our electric fence we got for him and stuff, VERY headstrong little mutt...and he IS a mutt, he diecdie to go after a deer,or something, and he may have gotten by a car, caught and beat by somebody it's hard to tell...But! he has, a shattered...(insert real name for this bone here) (the bone on the back on a human leg, connecting the heel to the leg, very small bone) and a shattered knee cap...this dog was rescued from my abusive uncle whom had thrown him out (literally picked him up and threw him) and broke a major bone in his hind leg...when it was healing, he used it because no one knew what had happened, and the muscle tightened on the broken bone...but when the bone healed, it heald wrong..he was unable to extend his leg so that his leg is on the ground...he can push it out far back,(like when he stretches) but not foward (he stands with the foot off the ground)...SO now, we're contemplating a prosteticate for his little gimp leg..
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2013, 8:53 am

ouch that sux
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 7:31 am

She's back home, and the bill was very reasonable . 330 bucks for 2 vets, 4 days of IV fluids, 3 sets of exrays, and 2 weeks woth of meds.
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 8:37 am

Good to hear... hate it when my pets get sick

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My poor girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: My poor girl   My poor girl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My poor girl
Page 1 of 1