All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Adding a Mitsubishi 3 wire alternator

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Adding a Mitsubishi 3 wire alternator Empty
PostSubject: Adding a Mitsubishi 3 wire alternator   Adding a Mitsubishi 3 wire alternator Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2013, 3:08 pm

Much like doing a conversion to a 1/2 wire on a 10si alternator - this trick will work to run a mitsubishi 3 wire alternator on your build to give more power than the charging circuit can provide.
Almost the exact same method as Ryf (I think) described on the DIYgokarts forum and works the same way. Granted this is for the 3 terminal V-belt mitsubishi alternator. I don't have any good 10si but I had this, and knew it was internally regulated so I tried it. It worked. Note the mega fuse is optional - but it wouldn't hurt to have something there to protect the battery in case of surge.

Adding a Mitsubishi 3 wire alternator MI-ALT_wiring

Note the mega fuse, as previously stated is optional. This creates a self-exciting alternator that shuts down when the trigger (key or other switch) is turned off. Works a treat.
Back to top Go down

Adding a Mitsubishi 3 wire alternator
Page 1 of 1