All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Empty
PostSubject: Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)   Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 1:06 am

Here's some pics of the 3 bikes that I have built, 2 collaborated with Peelfest 1 solo!

First bike we built, 1966 B&S 2 1/4 HP Power Trowel motor, centrifugal clutch, the 'Master Vibrator' (original name stamped on identification plate) goes 65 kmh on flat road, up to 77 on a bit of a hill !!! SUPER FUN so we decided to build a bigger badder one.
Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Attachment

Here's our second beast, 1980 B&S 5HP from a tiller, custom belt / clutch system to chain drive ( 7 reverse chains from blown mower trannys strung together, that I saved cuz I knew they would "come in handy " some day, and they did !!!) Goes 85 kmh on flat road and up to 95 on a bit of a hill !!!!!
Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Attachment

I can't find the pics of the 3rd bike I built.... It's a no-name brand Chinese knock-off 2 stroke that goes 50 kmh that I built and sold for a friend. He supplied the bike and motor, I just fabbed the gear.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)   Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 6:58 am

I dont see any pics ..... Shocked

Im curious to see just what the wizard will do with the 5HP honda on it - the toro boogies pretty good stock- so the wizard should as well....
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)   Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:31 am

Oops.... Let's try this.
Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Triump10
Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Ccm_no10
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)   Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:42 am

Oh yeah... btw, here's a couple videos for those who haven't seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKQY0WbFlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mulSu2icwg
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)   Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 7:54 pm

How 90 kph of 60mph rite?

That thing is awesome! afro
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)   Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:17 pm

Pretty cool setup- thing looks like itd fly with that big motor on it - id look for some wide bike tires , maybe make it a trike?

Speaking of wide bike tires- i used to have a bike when i was a kid that literally had a bike 'drag slick' on it - i dont think it was one of those rare schwinns tho ( no shifter) - the slick was like 2 or 3" wide on a same width rim - i never thought of motors on bikes back then- or id be in big trouble now....
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)   Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:26 pm

Everyone who looks at these videos immediately thinks that these bikes are sketchy, but we have good road tires (1.95 or 2.15) and they handle super good, we can lean them till the foot pegs touch the pave and they stick like glue, they are so light .... It's such a blast to drive them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)   Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorbikes by ARC (Abrams River Cycles)
Page 1 of 1