All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

New here from Georgia

Go down 
+3
camomanusa
muddstir
Jedi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedi
Jedi

New here from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 12:07 am

Hi, I just found this site yesterday and have been enjoying it. I have been a fabricator for many years and have spent some time working on motorcycle powered off road buggies. I have always been interested in lawn/garden tractors of which I have 4 and last year got turned onto the off road mower hobby and also the pullers and racers. Some of the mower projects I've seen on the net are just stunning. I'm in the learning phase of this hobby but hope to start a build thread once the weather warms up, I have a fully equipped shop but it's not heated. I plan on using my buggy experience in building a mower with fully independent double a-arm suspension all around, course the devil is in the details. I have yet to find a mower with real suspension though I'm sure there have been many. If anyone can link me to any such projects that would be great.

Jedi
Back to top Go down
muddstir
muddstir

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 12:27 am

Welcome,
I want to see a build thread for that tractor.  What motor, type or size do you plan on using.

For a build that's full suspension at all four corners take a look at my sig, click on inbred allis chalmers it will take you to my build. Its not done yet but some stuff showed up in the mail last week so soon ill have some up dates.
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 1:07 am

welcome! this is a great site for anything mower. Its well worth the time!
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 10:47 am

Welcome to atltf! Lots of builds here. If you have a question just ask.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 12:10 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Jedi
Jedi

PostSubject: Re: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 7:51 pm

Thanks all, Muddstir, checked out your thread and wow, really nice work. Didn't see much detail on the drive but I'm figuring your using a center carrier with a sprocket and disk brake along with those CV axles... should work well. Depending on speed and weight you might want to consider front brakes as well.... you probably already have. It took me 2 years to build my 1st buggy so I understand how those big projects can drag on, but then yours ain't no ordinary project. I'm not planning anything near as difficult. Rear drive will be either the stock trans modded to accept U-joints (if I use vertical shaft) or an adjustable center carrier, sprocket, disk brake, 1" shafts (1/4" keyways), U-joints... (if I use a horizontal shaft) covers the basics. It currently has a 17.5hp motor, will stick with it or really would like to go with a horizontal shaft motor and a torque converter set-up. Need to keep the power low because of the 1/4" keyways! I've got cv axles and a pile of parts including a 2006 gsxr 600 engine and a cbr 600 engine, but alot of it is being saved for a 2 seat buggy that I will some day build. Have you ever looked at the site; MINIBUGGY.NET, lots of cool stuff.

Jedi
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2013, 8:46 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
Mad Mudder

PostSubject: Re: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 3:54 pm

What part of Georgia are you in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here from Georgia   New here from Georgia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New here from Georgia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: New Member Forum :: Introduce Yourself Here!-
Jump to: