All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy

Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Empty
PostSubject: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 8:00 am

Not sure if this is on-topic, but.

would you call this a cordless lawn tractor?

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 9:47 am

That's cool. I have no sound on this computer, do they mention if it's automated or radio control? I assume automated from the word "robot." I have a planned radio control push mower project that will be very similar to that, FWD with casters in the rear and skid steer.

Edit: Followed the link to youtube and see, it's yours. So you can answer mine, and all other questions from the rest of these guys. Again, very cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 12:51 pm

Quote :
FWD with casters in the rear and skid steer.
Jamus, truth be told I have given up on that arrangement for mowing. seems to work ok on hard flat surfaces(like plowing snow) but fails at
tasks like mowing uneven terrain or loading in a pickup truck.

Edit: just because I can't get it to work, don't mean nothing.

By summer I hope to test a controllable direction fixed wheels in the rear.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 4:32 pm

Its a pretty cool lil machine - im sure with some more tweeking ( or a version 2) youd be able to hook a deck up- maybe even a bush hog pull behind type deck with a gas engine?
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 4:59 pm

Quote :
youd be able to hook a deck up
dangeroustoys56
I do have a test mowing deck that I used for software development, a earthwise 24Vdc electric. but it's only
20", this winter my hope is to finish the 48" deck, I also have a rotary brush attachment for moving dead leaves.

I tested a broom attachment that I didn't like.
Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? George11
Tommy
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 6:51 pm

So when you mowed with it, you pulled a separate deck behind? My plan was to attack everything to an existing pushmower deck. Somewhat steep hills is my main reason for wanting to build it. A cool project and the hills on my property can get annoying once a week.
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 7:13 pm

Quote :
So when you mowed with it, you pulled a separate deck behind?
Jamus
It mowed only eight times last season (it's @five months old), with the earthwise mowing attachment. all attachments
attach the same way(3 pins) .

below is what the 48" mowing deck may look like with a drive motor and not wheels(casters).
Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? George12
Tommy
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 9:04 pm

I see, that would be a much simpler design compared to a motorized mower attached. So how does it climb moderate hills by itself, without an attachment?
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 10:35 pm

Quote :
So how does it climb moderate hills by itself
With the mower attachment a 20deg slope is all I have to test on.
But when loading in a pickup truck it climbs a 45deg slope with out straining a drive.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2010, 8:09 am

i forgot about those old reel type mowers - i figured a gas motor on the deck would be less of a strain on the 'robot'.

A guy around the corner from my folks back north used a huge set of gang reel mowers behind his old lincoln mowing the yard ( was a huge yard) - mowing in style.
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2010, 8:47 am

Quote :
i figured a gas motor on the deck would be less of a strain on the 'robot'.
dangeroustoys56, this coming summer I'l have the solar panels installed to charge the Mule, so everything needs to be Dc/Ac.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2010, 10:04 am

that would be great in minnesota right now but i think a snowblower would be better than a plow
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2010, 7:48 pm

Quote :
i think a snowblower would be better than a plow
Can't be that hard to make a electric motor power a snowblower, but I'v never had one so I'm not sure.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 6:52 am

An electric motor for a snow blower might be too much strain - snowblowers have a lot of forces to deal with due to the turning mass of the auger, working thru snow and forcing it thru a shute - youd need a huge super duty motor to run a snow blower.
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2010, 5:58 am

Quote :
An electric motor for a snow blower might be too much strain
dangeroustoys56, I don't have the information needed to think through an electric 40" snowblower, yet.
but I do know as soon as I can I'll check it out. seems like a good project(once my plate is't so full)

writing the codes and getting the hardware needed to automate snow plowing has got me pulling my hair out(Kinda like watching the grass grow).

Tommy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2010, 6:28 am

Almost easier to get out and manually do it- lol! But since its a project, its worth tweeking . So your machine is all automatic? No remote?
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 6:43 am

Quote :
So your machine is all automatic? No remote?
dangeroustoys56, it is both, doing things like loading into a pickup is best with a small palm sized keyboard.
right now plowing is done with Wifi connecting the house PC to the Mule's PC, but before the end of this winter
I should have a programming mode for that, mowing and dead leaves is programed.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 6:40 am

The Mule is learning to mow.

Baby steps.

Tommy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?   Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could it be called Cordless lawn Tractor?
Page 1 of 1