All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing?

Go down 
+9
MurrayMayhem
willis923
breadtrk
Lawren Wimberly
T-Dub13
Doug
Moose
Doc Sprocket
partin_us_99
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
partin_us_99

What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing?   What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2014, 9:47 pm

Ya after running through 5 cut off discs on my angle grinder installing my lift I'm kinda iffy on using it or a chop saw. They're fragile as heck and break at high speeds sending disc shrapnel everywhere. only down fall to a sawzall etc would be having to make an angle jig for any angled cuts I would need. Might even search craigslist for a wet chop saw idk
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing?   What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2014, 9:49 pm

run better discs in ther Angle grinder.. I run industrial SAIT ones.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing?   What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 12:15 am

well... if you got a recip saw Id suggest a masterforce one from menards because they are guaranteed to break before the warranty expires lol
Back to top Go down
dked41
dked41

PostSubject: Re: What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing?   What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2014, 12:05 pm

Menards return policy is pretty liberal too. I have a buddy at work that returns one time use items.
Back to top Go down
partin_us_99

PostSubject: Re: What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing?   What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2014, 4:44 pm

Well ive got a table saw rated under 3500 rpm says direct drive that id be willin to dedicate it to cuttin metal but idk if it being direct drive is a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing?   What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What saw do I need to cut 1" square tubing?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2