All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Speed Build

Go down 
+8
DICE464
redneckcarrow
Jamus
redneckrob
dangeroustoys56
Jordan
redzz02
noledroByrreK
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
noledroByrreK

Speed Build - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 9:54 pm

Ok so i got the wiring almost done... i got a button and a toggle switch from lowes only to realize that the button wasnt a momentary push button till i got home.. so when i would press it it would keep tying to start untill i pressed it again. but i got all the wires, the solenoid, and the toggle switch rigged up and ready to go. i will try to go to a hardware store tomorrow cuz i want to finish up the wiring this weekend
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2011, 2:55 pm

So the wiring is done. i got a kill switch and a push bttuon starter rigged up. the button dont look the best but it work. lol

all the wiring is done.

this thing is a beast though iv ridden it a few times slowly taken it to the next level and now im kinda scared to to take it any faster. lol

in 4th gear i can hit bout 30-35 and it has 6 gears. im kinda scared to try 5th and prolly will never use 6th gear

i need to get a video of this thing drivin

heres some of the wiring pics... i cleaned it up with that tubing stuff

Speed Build - Page 6 Photo019
Speed Build - Page 6 Photo020
Speed Build - Page 6 Photo021
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2011, 5:50 pm

Youre at the stage where i was with my murray - near stock hieght ( with those large wheels) and unlocked front axle with stock steering - itll handle badly - i never had mine in 5th, much less 6th because it was way too unstable.

Id search at least for a set of lower profile rear tires , lock the front axle and get a set of brakes - and wear a helmit.

Lower the tractor sets, better it will be to handle .
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: i think i need a front bumper   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2011, 4:37 pm

alright so i was riding around today and i go to park it in its regular parking spot and wasnt paying attention and i ran straight into then fencepost. lol i was only goin like 2 miles an hour but it still had alot of force behind it.

Speed Build - Page 6 08091110
u can see the paint on the post that i hit and the front grill is plastic so its messed up pretty bad.

Speed Build - Page 6 08091111
this was after i fixed some of the cracks with a blow torch then repainted it. it doesnt look nearly as bad as it did but its still pretty cracked up. and it arleady had a few cracks but now its way worse.

so... moral of the story is i need a front bumper. thats gonna be my next little project. i dont want anything huge and outa place lookin just somethin small that will get the job done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2011, 10:18 pm

A quicky pipe bumper could have saved that. My foot slipped off the clutch loading this in the truck. blew the front out of the bed... not a scratch on the tractorSpeed Build - Page 6 Photo_101810_002
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2011, 11:50 pm

yea i actually saw that picture earlyer and was thinking i want somethin simple like that with either round or square tubing
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2011, 3:09 am

im putting a full grill guard but for a racer a simple tube would be good cause its barely any additional weight
Back to top Go down
kill all tuners!

PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 9:55 pm

redzz02 wrote:
hey man direct steer! you definately want it, ive almost killed my self multiple times from leaving the steering alone and going 40mph with it. also if no plans for upgraded brakes atleast use the stock ones and maintain them. its better to have some stopping power than now, ive rearended friends and hit stuff alot of the times because of no breakes, and believe me it doesnt feal good

DOWN SHIFT!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
ncredleg
ncredleg

PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 6:51 pm

noledroByrreK wrote:
Also another thing i have to figure out... and that is brakes. i want to use disk brakes but i need to find some for free or cheap. but i think i can start designing the rotor so im ready when i get them. heres some pics.

Speed Build - Page 6 Photo031
but i think i can fabricate a rotor to fit in between the wheel and frame. i saw this really good idea on a racing mower build and i think i can reproduce it

Speed Build - Page 6 Transa10
he has it mounted on the axle but it goes over the transaxle. i figure if i can do that i can squeeze brakes in there. what do yall think?
any links to this particular build
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 7:58 pm

about the cracking, you could but a lot of JB weld, its like a expoy mix but super strong. id make the cracks even with themselves and just line the crack with the JB weld on both sides of the grill. then just have quality time with the sand paper and you should be good as new!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed Build   Speed Build - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed Build
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6