All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Got the grass cutter out!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Got the grass cutter out! Empty
PostSubject: Got the grass cutter out!   Got the grass cutter out! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2014, 8:38 am

well guys, its spring here in NY, and the grass is starting to grow. i figured id pull out our 44" Toro Proline walkbehind mower. The battery still had juice, shockingly (pun intended), 2 of the 4 tires were flat, and the gas smelt terrible. i closed the choke and cranked for a bit, and it never even fired once on either cylinder. i took the air filter off and gave it a drink of fuel down the throat of the carb, closed the choke and cranked. it slowly fired on the left cylinder, then the right one joined in. it smoked for over 20 mins at half throttle. i tried moving it and the right side just sunk up to the frame in the muckluck. so i got the bolens, put straps around the front of the walkbehind and gave it a few tugs, it slowly came out, ive got a video of the whole thing, i'll edit and upload it tonight..
Back to top Go down

Got the grass cutter out!
Page 1 of 1