All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?

Go down 
+3
dangeroustoys56
Jordan
noledroByrreK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Empty
PostSubject: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2011, 11:31 pm

this is prolly a dumb question but i see videos and stuff of people having to choke there mower engine to start them but mine i never have to choke mine at all. im guessing thats a good thing right?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2011, 6:59 am

choke is used for when an engine is cold and your in texas so its warmer then here in canada lol
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2011, 7:19 am

Most times i dont need to use the choke on my tractors- or could be the carb is set a little rich. My 86 GTII always needs choke - its a cold blooded engine.
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2011, 10:46 am

oh . on christmas i went out and tried to start it with my new battery and and it wouldn't start prolly cuz it was like 40. the next day i tried and i fired right up but it was like 75. i had no idea it was just the choke. thats good to know

thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 8:17 pm

mine is very weird i have to move my throttle up and down and then it would start.but thats when i had my stack on it and now i have changed it to a differient muffler and i dont have to do it any more
Back to top Go down
themaster91156

PostSubject: Re: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2012, 11:27 am

i have the same thing my engine only runs on choke if i open it it dies even after running it for about 30 minutes
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2012, 7:02 pm

That's usually a dirty carb not letting enough fuel in to go with all that air at no-choke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2012, 9:59 pm

I had a 10HP Tecumseh that would start without choke, it ran rich. Once I got the carb adjusted where it needed to be, I had to use choke.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?   Is it good to not ever have to use the choke? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it good to not ever have to use the choke?
Page 1 of 1