All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Updates on projects in the new year

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Updates on projects in the new year Empty
PostSubject: Updates on projects in the new year   Updates on projects in the new year Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 7:03 am

Its the new year and still havent really had any serious shed time- first off from working a bunch, then some projects around the house, like fixing a couple water pipe issues and totally redoing our front porch and fixing the screen door.

Still have a bunch of projects in the shed- the wizard, LT12 craftsman rebuild, LT11 rebuild, the mutant MTD, agway, mod MTD , hydro murray , bunch of others and eventually sometime the wheelhorse.

Before i restart any of those, the sheds need a serious cleaning /reorginizing - have some wood left from the porch to work on the temp shed out back- eventually id like to get some stone to keep the dirt off the tractors and build new shelves in the storage shed and sort out things to eventually get to ( like attempting to put a couple motors with shattered rods back together).

I picked up another 2 steelie golf kart wheels for $20 - hopefully with a lil more waiting i can eventually get a whole set .I really liked these mag wheels on a golf kart at an RV show we went to a month ago- im thinking theyre around $500-600 tho - ill need to stop sometime at a local golf kart place n see- all i need is the rims.

My nephew called yesterday and said i can have his sisters old broken electric ATV - after he takes some parts for his yazoo go kart project- he also says he might have a lead on a large go kart as well. Id like to see about modding that lil atv for a gas engine and a straight axle - we'll see- see if i can actually fit on it- LOL!.

Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Updates on projects in the new year   Updates on projects in the new year Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 6:37 pm

does the little four-wheeler have a plastic frame or metal
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Updates on projects in the new year   Updates on projects in the new year Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 7:02 pm

Doesn't apply to those in Florida, but I figure the rest of us can't get much done with all the snow this winter. For my updates, I try to keep my murray thread up on anything important I get done. I've also been looking for a golf cart to turn into another project. Once I find one I can post about that as well. Hopefully once spring gets here we'll see a lot more activity on this site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Updates on projects in the new year   Updates on projects in the new year Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 9:09 pm

Update: I went over to my nephews today and picked up the ATV - its a lil small, but i think with some lawntractor wheels on it and a whole lot of tinkering i can make something from it and possibly ride it .

Its a Razor brand electric ATV - it does have a steel tube chassis along with a single trailing arm rear suspension and plastic body.

My nephew took the wheels and rear axle- its pretty well built lil machine - the motor is mounted on the rear suspension , it had a small chain drive setup and mountain bike shock- the front setup is solid welded .

I have a few ideas for it- definitly beef up the chassis, make new spindles , probably build a whole new rear link setup and mod the chassis to mount a small gas engine in it. Im also thinking of looking at a full size ATV seat to replace the small original ( nothing wrong with it- its a tad small tho).

Im sure itll sit for a lil bit - i need to finish other projects first before tearing into the mini atv.

I really havent had any shed time since November last year- then getting bronchitis didnt help either- i need to finish working on the house before i can go n tinker.

Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Updates on projects in the new year   Updates on projects in the new year Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2011, 2:16 pm

Took the ATV apart yesterday - its a pretty stout lil chassis under the plastic actually. Ill need to do some modding/adjusting to make a gas engine fit- but i dont see it as a big deal - ill also add some more reinforcing metal for me. Ill be lengthening the body and chassis some ( metal for the chasssis- fibreglass for the body ) or maybe look into adapting some tractor sheetmetal ? Ill add metal footrests ( either hommade or off a tractor- not sure yet) to replace the original plastic ones.

Heres a pic of the chassis :
Updates on projects in the new year Razor_10

An engine of possibility is this :
Updates on projects in the new year Greyho10

I just picked up that motor today from Harbor frieght - with the coupon in the paper they sent me it was only $90 ( i paid an extra $12 for a year warranty on it as well) - i figure its worth a shot seeing how well they last- alot of people have been buying them- if its anything like the generator i bot , it should be a decent motor.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Updates on projects in the new year   Updates on projects in the new year Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 4:15 pm

Another update : Got my 99 murray hydro going again- bot a $20 carb rebuild kit a while ago, and finally got it put back together. Fired after a couple cranks and ran nice n smooth , looks like the new gaskets were the fix to my stalling issue ( old gaskets were pretty bad). Now its time to build a deck for it and start mowing with it.

Started taking my 91 mod MTD apart( since i wasnt tinkering with it anyway) - too many normal tractor projects at the moment anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updates on projects in the new year   Updates on projects in the new year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updates on projects in the new year
Page 1 of 1