All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

First post from an old stalker

Go down 
+5
Frankenvarna
Thunderdivine
redlinemotorsportts
1997 Murray
rstolz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rstolz

First post from an old stalker Empty
PostSubject: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 10:22 am

I've been stalking this forum long enough, I decided it was time that I make an introduction.  From NW 'burbs of Chicago.

To date, most of the work on my old Ranch King has been restoration, getting the old dog running her best; new wiring, starter, lights, 2 solenoids (fried one), rebuilt carb, new belts, rebuilt steering, new ignition switch.

I have added a small front bash bar and 1-ton winch.  Next up is to add more aggressive tires and to get more speed out of the peerless 2300 and 694CC Briggs. Main use is some light trail crawling and towing duties for a double jet ski trailer around the yard.

First post from an old stalker <a href=First post from an old stalker 20141009_233717_zpsb5f1255b" />
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 10:46 am

awesome man! I was stalking for about a year before i joined.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 11:14 am

Looks like you've payed attention to everyone's mods lol. Nice fab skills. That's a really solid mower, I don't think you'll ever break that axle, so you can get the nastiest tires you want. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 1:55 pm

Welcome, and Nice ride!
Back to top Go down
Frankenvarna

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 2:38 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://gtbarn.com
rstolz

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 3:37 pm

Thanks guys!

Yea, a lot of you guys provide some dangerous inspiration.

Red, If I get bored that front leaf setup seems really ideal. Less complicated than trying to use shocks, and dirtbag simple.

my fab skills aren't as good as they might appear Smile I spend a lot of time cleaning up my welds and squaring edges. And I'm an engineer by trade, so design work is in my blood.

I have a project car in the garage as well, but honestly it's way more fun to tinker with the tractor than it is the car... and cheaper too.

Looking forward to being a part of this community, even if I don't post often, I'll be around!
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 4:58 pm

nice man hope u like what u see and have you really put it to the test and see how much that rig can do
Back to top Go down
rstolz

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 9:32 pm

Absolutely! I know the winch works like a champ. Last week my buddy somewhat intentionally backed his tractor into a swamp down to the axles... pulled him out like nothin.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 10:20 pm

Welcome!

I live up in the N.W suburbs of chicago too. What town you from?

there was a mower just like that forsale on C/L about a week ago for $50, It sold real fast
Back to top Go down
rstolz

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 10:48 pm

I'll keep my location private for now. I bought this one 2 years ago for $75, just needing some TLC. They get real cheap if you can find em without attachments. Unless its a JD...
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 10:50 pm

rstolz wrote:
I'll keep my location private for now.  I bought this one 2 years ago for $75, just needing some TLC.  They get real cheap if you can find em without attachments.  Unless its a JD...

mhm theres a cheap ford im lookin at right now. JD's are overpriced.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 10:58 pm

Howdy! Dig the tractor! Like "thatoneteen" said there was one of those that sold for $50 in Chicago... I'm also in the northwest suburbs of Chicago too!
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 11:43 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
Howdy! Dig the tractor! Like "thatoneteen" said there was one of those that sold for $50 in Chicago... I'm also in the northwest suburbs of Chicago too!

theres a nice ol ford forsale in downers grove up by you, hoping to pick it up so dont be stealin it from me
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2014, 12:04 am

I saw that... Since I live in downers... But I don't really like the looks of it that much... But my mom though it was cool... But whatever not into the old fords that much... I want an old cub cadet 108
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2014, 7:27 am

Welcome to the forum What a Face bounce
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2014, 8:48 am

ThatOneTeen wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:

theres a nice ol ford forsale in downers grove up by you, hoping to pick it up so dont be stealin it from me
if you don't get it I'm slightly interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First post from an old stalker   First post from an old stalker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First post from an old stalker
Page 1 of 1