All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

tecumseh hh 10 hp help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Poulanmowerman
Poulanmowerman

tecumseh hh 10 hp help Empty
PostSubject: tecumseh hh 10 hp help   tecumseh hh 10 hp help Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2014, 10:19 pm

I have 2 tecumseh hh 10 hp engines both run but they turn over slow like once the engine reaches top dead center it slowes the starter down and took the starter off cleaned the brushes and every thing and still nothing and on both engines had no gas runin to them when i tryed the starter could it be cause dry cylinder ? Both engines do the same thing

Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: tecumseh hh 10 hp help   tecumseh hh 10 hp help Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2014, 11:16 pm

so let me get this straight, you have 2 tecumseh HH100's. are they the later, standard starter/stator model, or like mine with the starter generator. start by pulling the sparkplug and see if it improves. if it does, you have a weak starter, or a serious valve train problem. if it does NOT improve, you have an internal component binding. its a flathead, so you shouldnt have to adjust the valves, id sugest a weak battery/booster pack, or however youre doing it, or a bad connection somewhere. how did the brushes look? did you grease the starter when you re-assembled it?
Back to top Go down
Poulanmowerman
Poulanmowerman

PostSubject: Re: tecumseh hh 10 hp help   tecumseh hh 10 hp help Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 1:46 am

Theres no binding its like to much compression
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tecumseh hh 10 hp help   tecumseh hh 10 hp help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tecumseh hh 10 hp help
Page 1 of 1