All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My new ride!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cynical
Cynical

My new ride!  Empty
PostSubject: My new ride!    My new ride!  Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 11:15 am

About a month ago i purchased this 1978 mercedes 300sd, its odometer had broke at 284k and has been driven for a year or so afterword. i believe it has around 300k? it is a inline 5 turbo diesel, it doesn't have any blow by and it runs great. it has tight steering and rides like a cloud! the only issues i have had are the locks and electric windows. Neither work. it gets about 26mpg with the 3 speed auto (no overdrive). future plans to shine it up a bit. it has some rust (mainly the drivers side front fender). My new ride!  20141111_070708_zpsksrdgqkd

My new ride!  20141110_210213_zpsss4v7xij

My new ride!  20141111_071012_zpsm0pb7afb
just replaced the glow plugs, radiator hoses, oil and filter change, both fuel filter changed, all belts have been changed, and a block heater has been added. took it on a 1000mile round trip with no issues except the glow plugs were bad. cleaned all the cooking oil out of the fuel and has had three full tanks of diesel through it now. no problems so far!
My new ride!  20141121_160754_zpsgrd30paj

I payed $1000 dollars for it and put about $300 into all the parts to make sure it remains reliable. By the way it's my first car!
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

My new ride!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride!    My new ride!  Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 2:55 pm

Sweet! A diesel and a Car now that's cool!!!
Back to top Go down
Cynical
Cynical

My new ride!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride!    My new ride!  Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 3:54 pm

It can get up and go! Only makes about 120hp and 170ft-lb of torque, but it rolls coal and gets moving quick! The Speedo was off by about 15mph and I was whipping it around corners that were 35mph like it was nothing! I still have yet to get my license though xD here in january I should have it! Just had to drive it 20miles home
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new ride!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride!    My new ride!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new ride!
Page 1 of 1