All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman trail Mudder

Go down 
+10
Ariens YT11
CityRedneck
killer4051
arild365
MTDmudder
DICE464
Trcustoms
dangeroustoys56
gokartlawnmower
SoaresMudder94
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

Craftsman trail Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:57 pm

hey guys recently bought a craftsman lawn tractor for 100 bucks! t has a 12.5hp brigs on it! RUNS STRONG!!Very Happy any ideas on what color i shuld paint it? this thing so far has had some history.. previous owner would use it to level out the beach infront of his house with the deck.. LOL. so i went to go pick it up Ignition was siezed.. so i unpluged it and did it the redneck booster cables way Wink ahah got her runnin in seconds. on old gas. then that day went mudding majorly.. Smile this is it. if anyone has any ideas for it i would greatly appreciate it. and no im not gunna lock the tranny , ive alredy gone thru 2 trannys on my other mower bc of locking them.

Craftsman trail Mudder Img_0911
Craftsman trail Mudder Img_0912
Craftsman trail Mudder Img_0913
12.5 briggs Very Happy
Craftsman trail Mudder Img_0914
5 speed tranny Very Happy
Craftsman trail Mudder Img_0915
My tires that are going on it. I need valve stems. i hate having tubes in them! they dont set the bead right..
Back to top Go down
gokartlawnmower

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 9:59 pm

looks like it will be a good off road mower for u
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 1:27 am

You can pick up bolt in valve stems from the auto parts store .

Rims probably arent wide enough for those tires- most likely the reason they dont sit correctly. I put a set of smaller tires on my stock MTD rims using tubes - they sit perfectly fine .
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 3:31 pm

one problem im experiancing is the belt falling off alot.. its an older belt. is there any way i can get it to stay on betteR?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 4:12 pm

Stock they come with a bracket that bolts under the battery tray to hold the belt on the back pulley - looks like yours are missing- just make up a couple belt retainers and it should work fine.
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 6:23 pm

so i went n looked under it. and i saw a bar on a pin connected to a retainer i was like hmmmm and i found where it was suposed to go. put it there and put a pin in and WALA no more belt comming off~ Very Happy wooo thanks for telling me where to look!Smile
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 12:01 am

Awesome deal man!
What size are those ATV tires?
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:38 pm

22x11x8 are the size of the tires
Craftsman trail Mudder Img_0916
I finally got them on Smile
Craftsman trail Mudder Img_0917
So i went for a Romp! ahha probbly gunna get in trouble for going in that part of the yard but whatever Very Happy it was fun!
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:55 pm

sweeeeeeet man that thing looks sweet
Back to top Go down
MTDmudder
MTDmudder

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 9:40 pm

That mower looks sweet and i really like those tires on it.
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 11:03 pm

thanks everyone! ive been looking for a mower for such a long time Smile i finally found a good keeper with the Strong frame that i wanted xD
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 11:05 pm

Craftsmans are great for modding! i love mine! Wouldnt trade it for anything in the world!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 11:13 pm

arild365 wrote:
Craftsmans are great for modding! i love mine! Wouldnt trade it for anything in the world!
Not even a 4x4 ATV? Laughing
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 11:44 pm

Trcustoms wrote:
arild365 wrote:

Nope not even an ATV! Some guy already offered but my tractor can go threw actually more than a 4 wheeler! My brother took his 4x4 honda and he got it stuck and i had to drag him out with my tractor! And the tractor is cheaper and easier to repair. I can take anything and repair it on that monster. Its better on gas and its alot funner. goes pretty fast too!

Its pretty much asking a parent if thed trade there kid for a dog. hahaha

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 6:06 am

i agree- my nephew has a ATV - im like- "phhhfft - my agway can go more places then that and its stock" .

I have an 'ATV ' - that lil razor one - someday ill fiddle with it, see if i can mount a motor and lawntractor sheetmetal on it - be easier then modding the original plastic.
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 8:26 pm

arild365 wrote:
Trcustoms wrote:
arild365 wrote:

Nope not even an ATV! Some guy already offered but my tractor can go threw actually more than a 4 wheeler! My brother took his 4x4 honda and he got it stuck and i had to drag him out with my tractor! And the tractor is cheaper and easier to repair. I can take anything and repair it on that monster. Its better on gas and its alot funner. goes pretty fast too!

Its pretty much asking a parent if thed trade there kid for a dog. hahaha

Yeah, I guess I'll sell or trade anything for the rite about of money or a better trade.
Anything but a kid ofcourse! Razz
I'd sell any of my mowers for $150 bucks if someone wanted one. haha
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 4:17 pm

sorry guys no updates in a while, dont really have any ideas for it yet? any ideas would be helpfull! shes a beast tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 5:59 pm

Im not sure if id sell any of my modded tractors when i get sick of em - Id have to make a double reciept saying 'as is' and im not responsible if anything happens while theyre riding it- to many people are sue happy with todays crappy economy . Might be easier to part em out .

Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 9:55 pm

update.

Hey guys i finally wired up a push button ignition and a toggle switch on /off on it Smile tires are on the right way, im putting a car battery in it!, and im going to be making a skid plate for the tranny, i hit it relle hard on the weekend and broke one of the fins on the case. also i think im going to change the exhaust, any ideas would be greatful Very Happy xD
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 9:58 pm

Little update !!
hey guys havent been around for a while.. my tranny took a dump.. the whole top part of the case cracked in half.. :S but i finally found a new tranny for it, going to be putting it in tomorrow i will post pics! asap!
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2011, 8:38 pm

so ive finally had some time to work on my craftsman i just did spindle mod for bigger tires on front put my big atv tires on the back, im currently in the middle of going to lock the rear end i havent made that choice yet. but im going to put a light on it. and finish the paint job, what do you guys thnk of the hood? its flat black and yellow to make a smoke ish look. im going to put a car battery on the tractor, i also did the slap shifter like fearlessfront on the raise lower deck rod so please gimme some ideas on what i should do further, im in the middle of doing a pully swap. its got like an 8 inch on the back.. stock so im gunna put it to a 4 inch or so and go buy a new belt, ideas are welcome!, im thinking a front and back bumper boxed steel ideas are welcome!, i also want to put a light on it, if i wire it to the charging system just the light will always be on correct?
Craftsman trail Mudder Img00010
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2011, 7:42 am

Id run the lights to a separate switch - and direct to the battery. Running it off the motor will make it brighten and dull with the revs- if worried about leaving it on, they make lighted toggle/rocker switches so can easily see it on.

Id find some LED headlights- theyre way brighter and last longer then normal bulbs.
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2011, 10:43 am

well the charging system when i hook it up it starts smoking from under the shroud, so i need to cut the wires. thats why i was gunna hook the light straight to the motor,
Back to top Go down
killer4051

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2011, 7:47 pm

i did that too and it started to smoke i dont know if i did it wrong but there are two wires coming out of mine.
Back to top Go down
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2011, 9:03 pm

yes same with mine 2 wires coming out, and it smokes when hooked up so.. i dont have a clue!
Craftsman trail Mudder Img00011
Craftsman trail Mudder Img00012
got a new belt for it and new back pully running a 4.5 inch on rear and stock 3 inch on front. and ha finally it can bring the trailer where its been in the last while by itself not pulled by the truck! im still deciding colors for it.. thats why paints all effed up lol ! might keep back john deere green and do the side steps yellow leave hood the way it is and paint frame and dash shiny black and the rims yellow too, also going to change the colour of the engine shroud its currently red its a 12.5 ohv Ic GOLD im gunna paint it yellow and paint the front grill john deere yellow also!**
i think ALSO need ideas for the exhaust i bought a 90degree for it so i could use the tires on it bc it would hit with the exhaust so now the exhaust is pointed down. straight piped. NEED ideas, or i can leave it like that also!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman trail Mudder   Craftsman trail Mudder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman trail Mudder
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next