All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mowerheadder

TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS Empty
PostSubject: TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS   TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2016, 5:40 pm

Howdy folks, quick question, I have a Foote transaxle and I'm gonna run oil in her, she just mows the lawn so its gonna be my oil tranny conversion guinea pig. Now the seals right where the axle shafts come out are not gonna hold up. And being that getting OEM tranny seals is $$ I was wondering if anyone knows which type/where I could get gaskets that would withstand the constant movement of the axle shafts on the rubber. I can find the size of the gasket and I've tried searching online for high wear resistance gaskets but no luck. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Rockinator
Rockinator

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS   TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2016, 5:56 pm

Im not sure where you could find seals that size, i would try a shop that specializes in rear ends transmissions etc. And ask about what kind of gaskets to use. As far as gasket sealer goes, go with either ultra black (maximum oil resistance) or ultra copper (high heat resistance along with oil resistance, i use it for exhaust gaskets and carb gaskets) but i wouldnt recommend ultra copper unless you plan on making your mower really go.
Back to top Go down
Off Road Domination
Off Road Domination

2016 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS   TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2016, 9:00 pm

you will probably have to get the OEM ones because nothing else will work I just took my transaxle out of one of my tractors and it wasnt worth changing the seals so I just put the transaxle back in but im not sure how you would do that
Back to top Go down
mowerheadder

PostSubject: Re: TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS   TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2016, 4:03 pm

Yeah i could probably find an oem sub. BUT it'll probably be a pain. I know the size and stuff, I did find a lace that sells to the public but their seals are too thick. Im thinking maybe an O-ring? What do yall thing of that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS   TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRANSAXLE SEALS AND GASKET IDEAS
Page 1 of 1