All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StuntHands

Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug Empty
PostSubject: Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug   Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself and hello! I have been a lurker and YouTube watcher for a while now, but after the rapid acquisition of several tractors.... BTW, how does one go from never owning a riding lawn mower to have 3 inside a month.... The first was an older balck Murry with a 12.5HP B&S motor, bad deck, solid motor. It could not mow the lawn because the deck was so bad. The second mower arrived, a late(r) model Troy-bilt 42" deck with hydrostatic drive and a sweet B&S 18.5HP motor. Unfortunately the motor didn't run, so I swapped the 12.5 into it, rewired and its working now. I need to modify the side cover for my new muffler, but that is about it. All the switches and safe stuff works as long as I leave the kill pigtail plugged in. Very Happy

I plan to turn the Murry into a Mud Mule with big tires, winch, and possibly a small hoist/recovery mechanism for the back. More or less a camping toy and something to get dirty with.

The 3rd and most prized tractor I have is a mid-80's Snapper Z-Rider Pro Cruiser zero turn mower with 61" deck. I plan to turn it into a parade float tug and It has a 25hp Kohler Command motor with trashed cylinders. It was run for a season without an air filter and roasted the walls and pistons. I hope to either sleeve the motor, find oversized pistons or a replacement block. The deck has been dropped and I plan to extend the front end out about 2 feet. This would allow the driver to move forward and down, and I can create a bench rumble seat in the original drivers position. I want to put a Model A style T-bucket top on it for some rain/sun protection and I might even add A/C later.. Come on, 25HP is so much power... Under the mower, I plan to mount a 10k Generator head in place of the PTO. This way I have plenty of power for any float I pull, or if I need to power my house.

I plan to draw from Ed Roth for inspiration on design and lines. I would love to know what you think. Once I get some additional pictures, I will post them up. Nice to meet everyone, I look forward to building some tractor toys. Smile

Clear skies,
John
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts!
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
1st Place Build-Off 2019
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2019

PostSubject: Re: Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug   Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 3:58 pm

A zero turn mower?? Very interesting idea, should be cool. We're gonna need some pictures of this beast, hahaha. Welcome to the forum!

"This'll either wake you up or put you to sleep forever!"- Red Green         "Whatever you do you should do right, even if it's something wrong." - Hank Hill

- MTD Off-Road Build
      - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
      - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - Sears LT11 Rat Rod Build *2019 Build-Off Winner!*

Garden Tractor Collection: Allis B-110 x2, 710, 716, & 410 - Wheel Horse 655, 953 & 500 Special - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic, G10 & 1668 Diesel Swapped - Cub 106, 124 & 1000/149 Frankentractor - Ford 120, LGT 125 & 145 - White 1650 Yard Boss - Moto Mower 710-100
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug   Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 11:04 am

Welcome! I love it, parade tug come generator. Can't wait to see progress on that one, and the Murray too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug   Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug
Page 1 of 1