All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How I build my "custom" racing mowers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

How I build my "custom" racing mowers Empty
PostSubject: How I build my "custom" racing mowers   How I build my "custom" racing mowers Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2018, 3:15 pm

I have swapped the pulleys on many mowers but the transaxles, belts and stuff does not hold up very well. So I started doing them this way a few years ago. I figured I would share. Check out my facebook page Crush Em Customs
https://youtu.be/fATxMkhfo4E
https://youtu.be/tYHvJBfgnrM
https://youtu.be/hBqSoCWYAso
How I build my "custom" racing mowers 13082410
How I build my "custom" racing mowers Mow110
How I build my "custom" racing mowers Mow210
How I build my "custom" racing mowers Mow310
How I build my "custom" racing mowers Mow410
How I build my "custom" racing mowers Mow510
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: How I build my "custom" racing mowers   How I build my "custom" racing mowers Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2018, 4:06 pm

Neat builds, have you raced any? I was curious about the jagged edges on the rear fenders. Does that cause any issue? I know some leagues don't like jagged edges.

How I build my "custom" racing mowers Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
How I build my "custom" racing mowers Sig214How I build my "custom" racing mowers Sig314
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: How I build my "custom" racing mowers   How I build my "custom" racing mowers Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2018, 4:19 pm

Okay I'm a die hard off road guy, but those tractors look really cool slammed to the ground like that. How fast do they go? Those look like 1" go-kart axles which are stronger than the 3/4" commonly found in tranaxles. What's life like without reverse?
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: How I build my "custom" racing mowers   How I build my "custom" racing mowers Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2018, 5:07 pm

Thanks. I have built 9 monster/offroad mowers with a legit suspension life and decided to get in to racing. I still have the one I offroad with. I use a 3/4 axle and try to use as much as I can off of the mower (Wheels, tires, axle, mower deck raise and lower handle, steering wheel, and more). Not having reverse sucks but it does not weigh much so it is no problem. I have not raced professionally as this does not meet any of the racing standards (to me they are a little to strict). On a racing mower people can easily spend 1000+ and I put this racing mower together for about 1-200. It will also keep up with a lot of the other racing mowers also. Sharp edges are on my list to do. I will probably put a bead of weld on them or smooth them out with a wire wheel. I got the weedeater for free, sold the stock engine and transaxle for 120. Picked up a harbor freight engine 100, Torque converter 52, sprockets axle bicycle cable and levers brakes probably around 150. So it is really easy to build. I like to have hand brakes and throttle. People that build legit racing mowers spend a fortune on the engine, peerless transaxle, front and rear brakes, axles, hubs, rims, tires. I call mine a rat rod racing mower as I use as much as I can left over from the stock tractor. I also like to have it looking semi stock like a sleeper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: How I build my "custom" racing mowers   How I build my "custom" racing mowers Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2018, 1:39 pm

CraftsMAN wrote:
I have swapped the pulleys on many mowers but the transaxles, belts and stuff does not hold up very well.How I build my "custom" racing mowers Mow210
I have a similar WeedEater, love the body shapes on them.  The transaxles don't hold up too well either, lol!
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I build my "custom" racing mowers   How I build my "custom" racing mowers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How I build my "custom" racing mowers
Page 1 of 1