All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

MSteele's multi tractor thread.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MSteele323

MSteele's multi tractor thread. Empty
PostSubject: MSteele's multi tractor thread.   MSteele's multi tractor thread. Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2011, 3:22 pm

well since i have Adult ADD and i cannot stay on 1 task I will put all my tractors in 1 thread.
I will start it off with my latest video .

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: MSteele's multi tractor thread.   MSteele's multi tractor thread. Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 5:16 am

Well I got the MTD operational.
Had to switch out the 10 HP Tecumseh for the 12 HP Tecumseh. for some odd reason i could not get the 10 Hp to run right all it wanted to do is run in high idle or die all together. also
a question are all MTD'S slow? it has the tiny MTD transmission.
My old 88 had a normal shift setup not like this one that has a separate forward and reverse shifter. and a stand alone speed selector .
I am tempted to either put the 5 speed Spicer on it or put in the Peerless from the craftsman on it.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: MSteele's multi tractor thread.   MSteele's multi tractor thread. Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2011, 7:59 am

MTD transmissions are actually the variable pulley in the center of the chassis - the 'transmission' in the back just does the forward/reverse/neutral dutys.

Depends- most reasons why MTD's are slow is either belt slippage , brake sticking or the variable pulley is sticking- not allowing for total movement- the variable pulley should rotate and the center part should slide up and down- sort of like a torque converter - not to mention you should be running the wider 1/2" belts- that will also affect its movement.
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: MSteele's multi tractor thread.   MSteele's multi tractor thread. Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2011, 8:03 pm

Well the Murrat is dead so i am gonna figure out how to put in the peerless in the MTD . The Murrat will be salvaged for parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MSteele's multi tractor thread.   MSteele's multi tractor thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MSteele's multi tractor thread.
Page 1 of 1