All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

which carburetor is the best

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
murray_man

which carburetor is the best Empty
PostSubject: which carburetor is the best   which carburetor is the best Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2018, 11:39 am

I know enough about modding the outside of my mud mower but I know little about modding the engine. I also know more about modding car engines rather than lawn mower engines. Anyway, I have a briggs twin II engine in my murray and I have no idea which carburetor is best, can someone please help me out
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: which carburetor is the best   which carburetor is the best Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2018, 12:24 pm

Pics? Is it an oppy or a v-twin? (I'm assuming it's an oppy)

Typically on a 2 cylinder, a dual barrel carb is the best. I have also seen manifolds that bolt right to the block, one on each cylinder, and have a Mikuni or some large single cylinder carb on each cylinder, and linkage running between the two, but it is very expensive and complicated to do that and have both synchronized. What HP is it? The higher hp ones typically have dual barrel carbs, at least that's the way they are on v-twins.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
murray_man

PostSubject: Re: which carburetor is the best   which carburetor is the best Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2018, 12:48 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch it has 17 hp but its a single barrel
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: which carburetor is the best   which carburetor is the best Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2018, 9:07 pm

Think of the engine as an air pump and it's the carbs job to feed the fuel in to that stream of air.  If you haven't done any mod to the heads or cylinders I would think the stock carb should be okay.  Lots of guys just re jet carbs or adjust the idle and main screws after engine work.  You could go to a slide style carb but about 80 percent of those folks blow their motors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which carburetor is the best   which carburetor is the best Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

which carburetor is the best
Page 1 of 1