All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

1999 Saturn SL1 300,000 mile service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheGreenHornet
TheGreenHornet

2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

1999 Saturn SL1 300,000 mile service Empty
PostSubject: 1999 Saturn SL1 300,000 mile service   1999 Saturn SL1 300,000 mile service Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2019, 2:36 pm

Hey guys, it's been a while, but here i am crawling back lol!
Anyway, I'm getting ready to move out to college, and while I have my truck, it's unwieldy and thirsty to be driving around the city all the time. So, my parents volunteered the spare car for whenever I want it.
This car is a 1999 Saturn sl1 with the 1.9L sohc 4 cylinder and 5 speed manual. Right now, it has 312,678 miles on it. It has been owned my my parents since it was new, so I know the detailed service history. Oil changes every 3k, spark plugs, brakes, etc. It has had shift cables in it once, and that's the extent of new parts that have ever been put on this car.
I will be doing a lot of interstate and city driving, and I want to make sure this bad boy is up to snuff before I get 45 miles from home and something goes wrong.
Things I've thought of but need some help/suggestions on:
-tranny fluid? Surely it needs done after this many miles (not a sealed unit
-coolant flush
Past this point I'm more or less at a loss, so all suggestions and info are appreciated
Also worth mentioning that the car stays cool if it's moving, as soon as you stop the temp climbs rapidly. Issue with the fans?
Back to top Go down

1999 Saturn SL1 300,000 mile service
Page 1 of 1