All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

98 murray widebody buildup

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 9:11 am

that craftsman is sharp
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 3:34 pm

Yea, does look really nice!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Mar 2010, 5:54 pm

I talked to my wife about it today- ill still customize it with the neons n stuff, ill probably leave the drivetrain stock tho - i have a deck off that parts craftsman- ill see about rebuilding it and put it on - cant see severely modding it if we really dont have anywhere to ride...... heck maybe when the Lowes MTD is done ill put em in a tractor/car show or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010, 10:27 pm

well i got most of the deck crap off this weekend, but its gonna stay like that for about a week or two, my trucks needs some much needed maintenance to it (starters stuck, hub needs rebuilt, etc.), but i will have updates on it when i get to it, but i might work on it during the week, and work on my truck this weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010, 11:40 am

Cant wait for more!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 10:23 pm

well napa people are dumbasses, they say my truck starter is good, but still wont work Evil or Very Mad , im getting tired of this bs, im about to intentionally fry the starter and take it to them and say test it now, lol, idk i need to get my truck fixed so i can continue work. i might get the murray tranney out tomorrow after school and modify a pulley, well see Neutral
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 7:23 pm

Is solenoid on the starter or is it mounted to the firewall? If it is the one mounted to the firewall they can go bad alot. Also make sure its not your ignition switch that is bad. My friend thought it was his starter that was bad, it ended up being the ignition switch. It wouldn't work if he turned the key all the way, but it would work if he turned it just barely onto the start position. Try that, see if it works.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:38 pm

im ignition switch went bad on my craftsman (aka Torque) so i sniped al the wires and after a good half hour i finally got them all connected right so i can just two wires and starts up no problem. The ingnition switch was all rusted out and crap.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:09 pm

Electrical issues on tractors are easy- electrical issues on vehicles are horrible.

I had some starting issues with my old 89 f150 - checked n cleaned the grounds i found, cleaned the battery posts and started to clean the wires and noticed corrosion down on the battery cable to the starter - so i go to replace the wire, and break the terminals off the starter- had to change the starter, and changed both battery cables - after that it started fine- till the EFI wiring corroded out ....... i probably coulda had that fixed , but by then the truck was pretty rusted out - so sold it a few years later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 1:11 pm

im just gonna replace the solenoid on the inner fender, and the starter, my freind has a ranger hes parting out and he said i could have em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:30 pm

hey guys, well i got a freind into this sport now so i sold him my murray rear engine rider, were gonna start working on my murray widebody tomorrow, but i need t know how to lock the rear end in a mower, if someone could post pics of what to weld that would be awesome. were gonna do a pulley swap, i think a 1:1 ratio, should give me the speed i want, and still be able to do good off road:) but anyway if anyone can help me out with welding the rear end, it would be much appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 2:22 am

a 1:1 is a good speed. I did manage to kinda test min. Didnt have a throttle linked up so the engine was running just above idle. Still loved pretty well though cheers

As for where to weld, ask fearless, I could probably tell ya (massive strong welds around the spider gears that sit in the bull gear) but Im not totally sure what the best thing is for welding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 9:17 am

ok, yea ill ask him later
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 4:37 pm

Chunk wrote:
I could probably tell ya (massive strong welds around the spider gears that sit in the bull gear) but Im not totally sure what the best thing is for welding.

Thats exacly what I do! It will make sence when you pull it apart.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 6:25 pm

ok thanks guys, i dont think ill tear it down today, its really windy outside
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 3:47 pm

curtismundy wrote:
ok thanks guys, i dont think ill tear it down today, its really windy outside

Just bring it inside! My parents always love when I do that! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 9:52 pm

well im gonna wait to lock the tranny and dp the [ulley swap untill i have enough money for the new belt. so i threw it back together tonight and it does pretty well for a stock mower, my freind likes it, but once i do the pulley swap hes sol because its gonna be my rider Smile, did lots of wheelin tonight, screwed up the front of my mtd, and also flipped it back on me, we thought it was cool to wheelie over hills by popping the clutch at the top, and i done it before and tried it again on a smaller steeper hill and came back on me, stayed running perfectly on its side the whole time Smile
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:35 am

You know you're mudding hard when you roll it! That's another reason why paint isnt a big thing on these. It'll just get destroyed.

Glad its going well, cant wait to see some videos of the sucker!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 10:10 am

i kinda live in a desert so it was just dusty as hel;l in the lot next to my house, but yea im done popping the clutch going up hills, and popping the clutch as your going down the hills and wheelieng down it is not a good idea, i bent the spindles on my mtd doin that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 98 murray widebody buildup   98 murray widebody buildup - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

98 murray widebody buildup
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2