All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

The first day of SPRING!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

The first day of SPRING! Empty
PostSubject: The first day of SPRING!   The first day of SPRING! Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2022, 12:01 pm

The ides of March…

Second winter won’t give up. Here is the front yard after the dog and I went out for a walk. Arrggg! We need the moisture and it is beautiful, but… warmer later this week. Maybe this was the last gasp.

The first day of SPRING! B64e6810
Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The first day of SPRING!   The first day of SPRING! Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2022, 12:40 pm

Ohh what a beautiful winter wonderland...........makes you want to grab your sled and go sledding in the white joy covering everything then go inside for a warm cup of hot chocolate.

No snow around here in southeast michigan and even most of the big snow piles are gone.

Nevadablue and TechnoChicken like this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The first day of SPRING!   The first day of SPRING! Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2022, 1:05 pm

Most of the snow piles here were gone too, just shady spots had a few humps left. This will probably go quickly. It is wet and heavy and it is supposed to be in the 50s/60s starting Tuesday. Snow is our main moisture supply for the year, so any amount is welcome, I would just rather it came earlier.
Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The first day of SPRING!   The first day of SPRING! Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2022, 1:08 pm

Yeah those drier regions need water any way they can get it, here in michigan you can find water of some sort just about every two miles or so.
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The first day of SPRING!   The first day of SPRING! Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2022, 1:24 pm

We are at 5840’ elevation at the house. The mountain peaks about 4 miles south of us are 11,350’ or so. I have a ‘moisture indicator’ I watch, a cliff at something over 10,000 feet I estimate. It it disappears from view, under snow, I know we are good for the year. If it is still visible, I don’t like it. The aquifer that our well taps is supplied from snow melt from the mountains. The cliff is just visible now. We will be OK, because there is usually some rain in May.

The highest peak is concealed by clouds in this pic (taken 19 March 19) but the indicator cliff is just barely visible at the red arrow. (Pic taken from the back porch)

The first day of SPRING! 8656ef10

MightyRaze and FatMike like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first day of SPRING!   The first day of SPRING! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first day of SPRING!
Page 1 of 1