All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CMHN
CMHN

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Empty
PostSubject: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2010, 5:55 pm

I figured I would start a page for my Dynamark Build. This is one of my FREE tractors that I got.

Some pictures of the tractor before I started taking it apart.

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0001

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0002

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0003

The mower was a rear discharge, I never saw one before but I like the setup. I'm gonna use those pulleys for idlers or something and scrap the deck.

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0004

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0005

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0006

When I flipped the tractor I was expecting 2 drive belts, but there was only 1. Which is good because I was gonna change it to one anyway, this will save me a step.

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0008

Boy look at all those parts, these things really break down to nothing dont they.

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0009

There is the frame, fenders, and other tins. Im gonna get them all cleaned up and start building from scratch.

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0010

Here is the transaxle. I dont know if Im gonna use this or not, I have an ATV that I may try to get the rear axle from and use. I will check out the transmission and see if I can use that also.

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0011
Back to top Go down
http://ctraugh.blogspot.com/
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 3:11 am

If you can get a peerless 700 series tranny, and hook it up to that rear quad axle, you'll be set! Saying that, theres a good chance that little silver rear engine rider of yours has one (belt input on the bottom, and a chain coming out the side!) Should save you some work too if you can get one!

Cant wait for more, this thing should be awesome with quad parts on it
Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 8:20 am

Yea that craftsman has one, but I really don't want to tear that tractor apart, my kids love riding it to much. Smile Maybe I will go to my local scrap yard and see what I can find in the mower section.
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 1:22 pm

Here's a small video update on the build.

Took the axles off the ATV, sat the front axle on the frame and I really liked the way it sat in the frame. I just need to modify the brackets and it should work great.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 3:21 pm

Thats a heavy duty rear axle - racers like them about the same as peerless 700's - im using mine i got out of a simplicity for a MTD project- my 700 is going in my super mod wheelhorse.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 4:49 pm

Just checked out the video, looks like it should work really well! And thats awesome you have a mower junk yard too. Shouldnt be too hard to find a 700!
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 9:47 am

Another short boring video update.

Got my rear axle tore down and cleaned up. Looks good. I need to make some brackets and such to mound it bout it will work very well in this build.

Here are a few pictures of the tires on the axle. There looks to be plenty of clearance around the frame. This is going to work out just fine.

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0014

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0015

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0013

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0012

Last edited by CMHN on May 10th 2010, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 11:21 am

that sits VERY nicely in the frame, that is really cool.

how are you going to brace it? and will you put a guard on the chain?
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 12:09 pm

Depending on what material I can scrounge up, I would like to use some 2"X2" tubing for a frame and brace it to that. Its still in the air depending on what kind of material I can get. I do plan on a skid plate to cover the break assembly and the chain/sprocket assembly. I will have to wait until I get everything working properly then add the protection.

Everything is still in the planning stage actually, I have a bunch of ideas running around in my head. I may even just use the frame and axles as is and make a go kart out of the whole damn thing. I have a 5hp Horizontal shaft motor that would work perfectly with this axle. That would still be fun to stomp threw the woods with, only thing there wouldn't be a reverse gear so I would have to move it physically, but I can live with that I think.

Still thinking and getting suggestions, its fun building.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 12:36 pm

That looks like it was meant to be! Very nice stance so far.

Those should just fit under the fenders too! Still think you want a peerless 700 though, reverse is a god send sometimes!
Those chassis's arent the best, some stregthening would be advised. Honestly looking forward to seeing how this turns out! bounce
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 12:41 pm

I had another brainy idea, if I cant get a peerless, I might flip my current transmission upside down. Put sprockets on the axles and run a jack shaft to the live axle. Ive seen racers flip there transmissions and they work, so maybe this would work for me. Still thinking, but for now its off to school, gotta learn about Manufacturing Processes today. Later.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 1:00 pm

With gear oil in it, I think it might all leak out the input shaft if it was upside down. Maybe with an oil seal it would work!
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 2:03 pm

Yea, I'm gonna take a look at the trans, it looks like it was already equipped with oil, it has a fill and drain plug. Worse case, I will just put thick grease in it, keep the pulley ratio the same or less (slower) and take care of my pulley ratio with the gears on the jack shaft. With less rpms in the transmission it should hold together better then speeding it up. I would think. We'll see. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 3:00 pm

Yeah, thats the good thing about having sprockets too! If you fill it with greast it should be fine! Im guessing it has a 800 series in it.
Only thing you'll have to look out for is not to gear it up too much, could put alot of stress on the axles. Dont ask me what 'too much' is though. It should hold fine though, unless you're planning on making it hit Mach 1 ! lol!
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 3:20 pm

I was thinking on some pillow blocks, mounting 2 on each axle, and put the sprocket in between them. This will relieve some stress on the transmission, I will just have to worry about the gears on the inside. I'm thinking about putting a sprocket on each axle and running that down to a jack shaft, even the pressure out a little, then run a sprocket from the center of the jack shaft down to my live axle. Lots of ideas, just little money to follow threw. Very Happy

CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) 0011

Here is the pic I have at the moment, haven't really looked at the transmission to much yet. I'll get some more pics and info on the tranny when I get home, at school right now. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 5:00 pm

The pillow blocks sound like a great idea! That shouldnt go anywhere in a hurry. That tranny looks heavy duty too, not what I was thinking of.

Sounds like a pretty bulletproof set up. If you can lock the tranny even better. Only problem I see is it a chain breaks, the diff will divert all the power to the one with the broken chain! If you use decent chains should be fine. Cant wait to see how this works out! bounce
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:08 pm

Took a look at the transmission tonight after I got home from school. Its a Peerless Model 639 trans-axle. I found a manual on them today on the internet, in fact its for all the peerless transmissions.

TECUMSEH / PEERLESS MOTION DRIVE SYSTEM TRANSMISSIONS

Thought maybe some others may be able to get some use out of it also. Twisted Evil

L8r
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 9:13 pm

I have been doing a lot of reading about this trans-axle. Looks like it is a good trans-axle for racing. It has bearings in it instead of just bushings. It also is already set up to run oil in it. I'm thinking ditching the live axle idea and sticking with the trans-axle. I can make a set of hubs to run the ATV tires on it. I will know better after I tear it down to clean it.

I want to make an off road go kart anyway and that axle would work perfectly for that.

Well this is what happens when I get thinking about things to long. LOL
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 4:03 pm

My 82 dynamark has one , so does my 80s agway , my 'extra' one came out of a 70's simplicity - theyre a popular heavy duty trans on older tractors.

As an experement i wanted to use a varible pulley and my extra trans in a MTD n see what itd do for speed.
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 5:07 pm

Hey all, just wanted to let everybody know that I am still planing on doing this build. School has been crazy and money scarce so I haven't been able to work on it at all. Hope to clean my garage up this month and start working by August, but by then my Fall Semester starts and I probably wont have time again. I'm busier now that I am in college then when I was working full time. CRAZY.

Catch yall later,

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:27 pm

money money money! lol dats the thing today isnt it!

i still haven't got an income... Evil or Very Mad maybe ill make a fast mower and rob a bank alien the cops wouldn't be able to give chase cause they'd be laughing so hard then i'd leave them in da dust!
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 9:18 pm

LOL, they sure wouldnt know what to do that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 10:37 pm

The officer that pulled me over on my 94 murray was actually more interested in the tractor then my riding it on the road - only things that saved me were : he was a pretty cool guy and i wasnt drunk- LOL! I was honest with him - said i just built and tweeked it and wanted to take it for a harmless spin up the street.
Back to top Go down
Crazymudder
Crazymudder

PostSubject: tractor   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 12:55 pm

arent those trannys only a 3 speed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)   CMHN's Dynamark Build  (Warning lots of pictures) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CMHN's Dynamark Build (Warning lots of pictures)
Page 1 of 1