All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh Blair

I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Empty
PostSubject: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 2:41 am

Title says it all but yeah it has the 20 hp I/C opposed twin. four flat tires but my yard mower just recently crapped out so might part that out and I will keep the best stuff from it. ( wheels, tires,etc) I picked it up for $75. Will post pics this afternoon.
( when it is not 1:40 A.M.)
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 5:51 pm

You're killing us man. Let's see some pics.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 6:59 pm

Looks good. You don't know a POS tractor till you check out my build thread. Talk about a turd....
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 7:42 pm

Actually those are the best ones - cheeper the better , the plus is you can mod it the way you want w/o any regret of hacking up a decent mower or use it for parts.

Ill grab any dirt cheep/free tractor, even if its just for parts - a few i picked up still had decent starters and belts.

last tractor i bot for $25 came with a free parts craftsman, parts motor and a freshly rebuilt deck - parts motor had some good pieces , craftsman will be a future mod project.
Back to top Go down
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 11:01 pm

Well here is an update. I thought i was going to have to buy a starter, but the old one was just rusted stuck so i freed it up and works again! cheers Twisted Evil Does anyone know where I can find a CHEAP key switch and wire diagram for it? Also, I think a fuel pump rebuild is in order so if possible i need a "How To" on that.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 5:29 pm

Here's about the best "how-to" type of thing on the oppy carbs.
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_opposed_twin_carb.asp

It's probably cheaper to order a carb kit which includes the pump rebuild in it. Then just do the whole thing. You need to know if you have the 3-bolt, or 4-bolt fuel pump before ordering. This is where I order my small engine parts.
http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/

If ou search the briggs number it should give you a cheaper "store brand" that is just as good. I need a kit for my 17hp opposed and it's going to be around $20 if I remember, thats carb and pump kit together.

As for the electrical questions, I ditch all the stock keyed switches on my mowers and use Feerlessfront's diagram which is posted in the engine section.
I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin TractorWiringDiagram
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 6:06 pm

Keep in mind twin cylenders need a big battery to turn that mass of motor over - getting a small battery will just be a waste of money.

I suggest you take pics of the carb setup BEFORE taking things apart - youll have a bear of time reassembling it if you dont.

My rule of thumb for carbs - disassemble the carb in order, lay it out on a large flat table ( one rag for dirty parts- one for clean) - set the parts onto the dirty rag in order of removal, clean each piece and transfer to the clean rag in the same order.

Once parts are clean , itll detirmine wether a carb rebuild kit will be needed - theyre around $20 and you need to know wether its a 3 or 4 bolt fuel pump and all the motor numbers to get the correct kit - kits come with multiple gaskets- match up to your existing one - the rest wont work on that tractor.

Fuel pump 'guts' come with a carb kit - be careful of the small springs inside it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin   I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I scored a Murray like fearlessfront's with a twin
Page 1 of 1