All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

It's amazing what people will throw away.

Go down 
+2
W1ldyOvvnZ
RanchKing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RanchKing
RanchKing

It's amazing what people will throw away. Empty
PostSubject: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 10:36 am

This cart has been sitting in the ditch for a long time. I walked up to the door and they said anyone that wants it can have it. It only needs a new set of tires and a tail gate
[img]It's amazing what people will throw away. P1100323[/img][img]It's amazing what people will throw away. P1100322[/img][img]It's amazing what people will throw away. P1100319[/img][img]It's amazing what people will throw away. P1100318[/img]
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 4:33 pm

Wow! I would of loved to get that. Now just find a working wheelbarrow for free and you pretty much have a free trailer
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
RanchKing
RanchKing

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 5:09 pm

I really need a riding mower. Hoping someone will throw away one soon or have a cheap one on craigslist.
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 5:10 pm

If it's anything like mine, the tail gate is a flat piece of steel with a lip at the top. Not to hard to fab up.

Awesome find. cheers

EDIT: Where are you at in Ohio. I may be able to help with the tractor part.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
trout

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2012, 7:05 pm

Nice find who makes these wagons there all about the same anybody know? looks like she will haul snow as is lol ,if you plan on abuseing it renforce the whole length of the tounge and weld or bolt the dump latch tight have found it more burden than reliable .I hook three wagons together and haul out firewood in rough terrian steep hillsides where a truck cannot go it works but heavy and hard on the equip.
Back to top Go down
RanchKing
RanchKing

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2012, 10:35 am

trout wrote:
Nice find who makes these wagons there all about the same anybody know? looks like she will haul snow as is lol ,if you plan on abuseing it renforce the whole length of the tounge and weld or bolt the dump latch tight have found it more burden than reliable .I hook three wagons together and haul out firewood in rough terrian steep hillsides where a truck cannot go it works but heavy and hard on the equip.
The company stamped on it is Agri-fab, I've never heard of them before. The first thing I have to do is find a tire with a 3/4" axle bore in the rim. Then find a 4.00x6.00 tire for the other rim (the one that was on the cart) because it is really dry rotted. The tailgate part should be easy. I don't plan on running it through rough terrain, I do a lot of lawn care and snow removal so I will most likely be hauling push mowers and snowblowers.
Back to top Go down
RanchKing
RanchKing

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2012, 10:39 am

dagr8tim wrote:
If it's anything like mine, the tail gate is a flat piece of steel with a lip at the top. Not to hard to fab up.

Awesome find. cheers

Dayton. I appreciate your offer, but I can't travel all the way to Columbus. Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2012, 12:13 pm

RanchKing wrote:
dagr8tim wrote:

Awesome find. cheers

Dayton. I appreciate your offer, but I can't travel all the way to Columbus. Thanks anyway.

It's cool. I'm west of the city.

I forget that I'm blessed with a trainer to haul junk home in.
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2012, 4:26 pm

Great score those are about 100. oo new . i want one but not willing to spend that much for one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2012, 5:46 am

I just used a couple front lawntractor tires on my trailers - one i bot new from harbor freight for like $70 , paint's all faded and the original tires were junk -i used a couple tires with wheel berings in them - only thing was i needed a longer 3/4" piece of round steel- its pretty cheeply made, but it works.

My nephew gave me his old 10cubic yard trailer - i bot another piece of round steel and just slapped a spare set of wheels on it - that one is definitely better then the harbor freight one- its super heavy duty.

Most ive seen on craigslist go for $100 and up ( beat up, tires flat and well used) - one time a free one came up and it was like gone way before i called .

Agrifab is from Lowes - i recently bot a seed spreader/yard areator from a thrift store for $40 - its an agrifab- originally the thing went for like nearly $300.

Check home improvement stores ocassionally also - i picked up a husquvarna zturn complete bagger setup for $30 - retailing for $350- was still in the box- i need to make it fit on one of my tractors.
Back to top Go down
RanchKing
RanchKing

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2012, 4:17 pm

Going to Tractor supply today. They have got 16" wheels on sale for $10 original $20. Will post pics when I have them, also half way done with the tailgate.
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2012, 4:19 pm

RanchKing wrote:
Going to Tractor supply today. They have got 16" wheels on sale for $10 original $20. Will post pics when I have them, also half way done with the tailgate.

Can't wait to see pics. bounce
Back to top Go down
RanchKing
RanchKing

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2012, 5:31 pm

New tires are on, Tailgate is built, now I just have to wait for some warmer weather to paint. Going to paint the tailgate black and touch up a few spots on the trailer. I made a little support wheel in the front just to keep the trailer on a little slant to let the water drain off it when I'm not using it. Used a old craftsman push mower wheel for that. It's amazing what people will throw away. P1100381It's amazing what people will throw away. P1100380It's amazing what people will throw away. P1100382It's amazing what people will throw away. P1100378
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2012, 7:41 pm

Looks good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's amazing what people will throw away.   It's amazing what people will throw away. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's amazing what people will throw away.
Page 1 of 1