All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Baja Mini Bike Mod

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2012, 6:44 pm

well i ended up getting a 08 baja dirt bug mini bike on trade and the thing looks brand new! all the stickers and everything still on it. I got it and it ran like crap well after carb/tank clean and half the water in it lol. runs reallygood everything is to it,looks great. Ihad it for sale on local craigs for $190 which to me idnt think is bad considering its now get on and ride.But everyone wants it for 50 or 75. Nope no sale lol. I decided im going to mod it as im 21 and bigger the 97 2.8 hp isnt working. sooooo
im going to put my power sport 6hp tecumseh that is great shape got it off rolled gokart. so im going to put it on the minibike which should make it move decent. Twisted Evil

i get some pics soon
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2012, 8:56 pm

Should be a decent motor to make it faster. I have a razor 'electric ' atv from my nephew - its kinda small, have to do some chassis mods ,but i plan on sticking my 5HP honda in it , mounting some tractor wheels and buzzing around with it.

Back to top Go down
muddstir
muddstir

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2012, 11:50 pm

If that's the type of bike I think it is, with the right gearing that motor will make it move really good. Got a 6.5 Tecumseh on my mini chopper and it tops out about 50 mph if the chain stays on.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2012, 9:59 am

Well this can be deleated sold it today kinda sux wanted to mod it but right now money more important lol.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 7:00 pm

I had one and Put a Chinese 6.5Hp Powerfist motor in it and kept the original sprocket and the 6.5hp motor just rips the chains apart, I would of recommended going to #42(I think they are stock #35 or something, I did it a while ago) Chain. I used 7gallons of gas and 5 chains then I sold it to my brother for $200 and he wrecked the pull cord, burnt the back tire off if it and gummed up the carb and its been sitting on our back porch ever since. Since you sold it I guess if you get another one on a trade that could be something to think about. One thing I had to say about it is that It went really fast, My brothers friend had a Polaris Sawtooth 200 Fourwheeler and If me and the person driving the Fourwheeler were the same weight we would of kept up with each other going about 40km/h.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 7:05 pm

yea i was really tempted but the geuys picking it up tomarrow so now i might sell the motor or use it on a kids atv frame i got and build like a bar stool buggy or something lol
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 7:25 pm

That would be cool, Maybe post something if you build the bar stol buggy or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 8:00 pm

yea i got alot of thing i wanna build lol im actully starting a tractor build now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baja Mini Bike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baja Mini Bike Mod   Baja Mini Bike Mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baja Mini Bike Mod
Page 1 of 1