All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Gauges For a Lawn Tractor

Go down 
+4
crafsmankiller
Stretch44875
WellThatsSurprising
W1ldyOvvnZ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Empty
PostSubject: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2012, 1:28 pm

I was looking on Royal Distributing for Temperature Gauges for my Snowmobile and There is one that has two different tips that might work a lawn tractor. One is a Spark Plug adapter(Measures Engine Temperatures) and one for an Exhaust Pipe that measures the Exhaust Gas Temperatures(you would need to weld in a nut and drill a hole in the exhaust). I thought it would be cool to have something like that on your engine. What else could you put on your tractor that would be cool?
Like RPM gauges, Fuel-to-air gauges, water temperature gauges(if its liquid cooled), hour meters, etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2012, 4:10 pm

Last edited by WellThatsSuprising on May 7th 2012, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2012, 9:26 am

I'd like to have a tach. Don't think I need anything else.
Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2012, 7:29 pm

Yeah, I actually just ordered the tach I posted. my engine has no governor so i'm gonna watch it closely.
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 4:13 pm

it would be cool to have a complate instrument panel. speed, tach,oil pressure, air/gas mixture, exaust temp, engine temp, and a million other kinds of gaufes
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 5:10 pm

put it all around the steering wheel where light switches, throttle cables, etc. normally are, that would look cool. That was one of the things i wanted to do with the Toro(Analog tach, EGT, and hour meter), have the gauges on one side and the switches on the other. i totally forgot about this post:P
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 5:27 pm

I would love an accurate speedometer and maybe an hour meter. And odometer, and temp gauges for both the engine oil and transaxle oil would be awesome too.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Marines2621
Marines2621

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 9:08 pm

I have a tach on my mower and its nice to see what's it at. Maybe a oil temp gauge would be cool or oil pressure. If u had a pressurize motor. Lol
Back to top Go down
dked41
dked41

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2013, 11:44 am

Tach would be nice, don't think I want to know what the temperature is. My friend added an oil temp to his Harley, and he has been paranoid ever since he looked at it on a hot day during a long run. Better off not knowing some things.
Back to top Go down
murrayman96
murrayman96

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2013, 12:52 pm

temp guage, rpm guage and speedometer would be sick, if a racer, put the tac that has the glow light that turns on when u need to shift
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gauges For a Lawn Tractor   Gauges For a Lawn Tractor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gauges For a Lawn Tractor
Page 1 of 1