All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel Empty
PostSubject: I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel   I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 6:34 pm

Hi, been a long time since ive been on here. But ive been pushing my mower really hard lately, i have no govener on it so i do feather it higher then usual at time but not alot. I was talking on the phone in my garage and had the Urg to check the oil level. lets say ------------- thats how much SHOULD be on the dipstick (i triple checked too!) only --- that much was on my dipstick. But i had recently put new oil in it. and it was full when i did that. How can my mower burn that much oil in a matter of a month and a half at most. Well (my phone wont connect to the computer so i dont have pics) i noticed a liquid or oil substance was slowly coming out of the bolt holes in my flywheel and when i turned it over it would splatter. Did i crack my engine??? (if so idk if i can fix it. im 15 and its really hard to get a job now days :/)
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

PostSubject: Re: I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel   I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2012, 11:51 pm

seal under flywheel went out... if block/case is cracked its junk
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel   I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2012, 1:33 pm

how easy is that to replace? and thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Oil slowly leaking out of the flywheel?   I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2012, 2:25 pm

$2 part 1hr labor. you are gonna need a flywheel puller. easy job with the right tools. I have seen guys trash a good motor trying to get the flywheel off with a pry bar and a hammer back when they had the points and condenser under the flywheels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel   I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have oil slowly leaking out near the flywheel
Page 1 of 1