All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

lowering tractor/tucking transaxle??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? Empty
PostSubject: lowering tractor/tucking transaxle??   lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2012, 10:00 pm

ok i got a murray 12hp 5 speed id like to build as a race mower i know how to lift them but not really sure how to lower them? how do you do the transaxle setup? cause iknow u still need to keep the pulleys lined up and same level.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: lowering tractor/tucking transaxle??   lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2012, 10:31 pm

I know alot of people will use a jack shaft set-up and then notch out transaxle mounts and install the jackshaft and the transaxle, If you were keeping the pulleys at the same height you could notch the jackshaft and lift the Engine and Clutch setup and maybe get 1-2inches. Other then that You would need to get smaller tires and lower the body to have the belts run level.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
ibdalovely1
ibdalovely1

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: lowering tractor/tucking transaxle??   lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2012, 9:27 pm

if you flip the axle you can get like 4 but you have to engineer a shifter mech
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: lowering tractor/tucking transaxle??   lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2012, 1:52 am

You can lower a tractor with a transmission - itll take some fab work - heres a pic of a racing tractor setup:
lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? 2011-110

I know the murray transmissions are different - its just an example - youd need reinforcing.

To run it that way, youll also need jackshaft setup - this can be made from a mower deck mandrel assembly :
lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? 25791510

Needs to reinforced where jackshaft is also - thats the easiest way do do a drop with a transmission.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: lowering tractor/tucking transaxle??   lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2012, 9:20 am

Yea i was going to lower it like that but ive sold the tractor to pay a bill ugh lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lowering tractor/tucking transaxle??   lowering tractor/tucking transaxle?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lowering tractor/tucking transaxle??
Page 1 of 1