All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!

Go down 
+3
gearheadmike
Tractor Man Jeff
moremorelawnmowers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
moremorelawnmowers
moremorelawnmowers

Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 5:32 pm

My stupid brother geek (who aparently cant drive a tractor) just drove into the back of my LT 1000 with my Yellow Yardman tractor. The craftsman was fine but he smashed the grill on the Yard Man and I dont know where to get one. The headlights are fine and the rest of the hood is fine but the grill is totaled. I will put some pics up tomorrow. Does anyone know where to find one. The tractor is the one in my profile picture. Thanks guys! Please help!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/moremorelawnmowers?feature=mhee
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 10:30 pm

HAHA! That's why I'm not letting my bro on mine yet as It has no brakes. Get some real hoss bumpers on them tractors man. Wink That way, he won't mess the stupid plastic grilles. Try Craigslist or Ebay.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 10:58 pm

yea about the best place would be ebay thats why i kinda like the older tractors with the metal grills lol
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 12:42 am

In all the years ive been buying tractors- ive never seen a hood/grille like on that tractor in person - only in pics , most mine are the black plastic front grille or steel bolens type.

Best bet is Ebay or craigslist or local paper and be patient .

Its a similar issue to my '95 MTD lowes team racing tractor - got it free back in '06 , went to Lowes and they never herd of it, cant get new decals for it ( have to be custom made) , in the years of owning it only one other person had even seen or herd of that model. Eventually id like to restore it ( its in rough shape, but runs).
Back to top Go down
moremorelawnmowers
moremorelawnmowers

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2012, 5:27 pm

I guess I will have to keep checking ebay. I have only seen 2 other of these tractors in my life and they were on youtube. This is the 3rd one I know exists. The person I got it from bought it from walmart. It is probably one of the higher end MTD's since it has the Opposed twin, the larger 46 inch deck and the Hydro Trans. I hope i find one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2012, 12:45 am

My lowes machine came with a opposed briggs 18HP twin, 42" deck and 4 wheel steering - its odd because ive never seen a MTD with 4WS - only nomas/craftsmans/murrays ( AYP).

Im thinking it was a limited production/giveaway promo from Lowes at one time - its supposed to have hubcaps, but are missing. Im planning on a 'running/mowing' restore first, while i get parts, then i plan on doing the whole thing - its been a while since i worked on it.

Heres a pic of it:

Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! 95_4ws10
Back to top Go down
moremorelawnmowers
moremorelawnmowers

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2012, 6:16 pm

Nice tractor! I have never saw one of those. I have a noma four wheel steer. I like your tractor.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2012, 3:46 pm

When i first got it i almost used it for parts , after questioning on several forums - it seems its pretty rare. It was missing its data tag, but a local tractor parts guy searched and found the info on it.

I plan on doing a full, possibly over OEM restore ( polish the motor, possibly see about chroming some stuff) - i still have to locate someone that can reproduce those decals correctly tho . Im also debating about having it professionally repainted eventually.
Back to top Go down
moremorelawnmowers
moremorelawnmowers

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2012, 4:22 pm

That would be nice if you got yours restored some day! I want to find a 4 wheel steer mtd.
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2012, 11:38 am

A great place for used tractor parts is http://www.joesoutdoorpower.com/.

He's a good guy and has tons of product. I've bought several things from him including the axle for my LT1000. I mentioned after it arrived that it had been previously fixed, and he emailed me back and offered a refund.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
moremorelawnmowers
moremorelawnmowers

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2012, 3:53 pm

I will take a look. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Tuffy55

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 8:40 pm

my grill was super ugly and weak on my lt 4000 so i just built a different one i really like it. i have rolled over several times at 10-15 mph with no damage
Back to top Go down
Tyler91000 Murray mudder

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 7:36 pm

That pic was taken off google lol I have te same pic on my computer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!   Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Yardman Grill Help!!!!!
Page 1 of 1