All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Hoods, fenders AND wheels.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray modder
Murray modder

Hoods, fenders AND wheels. Empty
PostSubject: Hoods, fenders AND wheels.   Hoods, fenders AND wheels. Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2012, 8:05 pm

First things first, I have the SAME Murray as Fearless, so can anybody see any way to open it like this tractor here.
Hoods, fenders AND wheels. 1310
Maybe some fenders for the front end, I have an idea for the rear end anyways, just not the front end. Like this one.
Hoods, fenders AND wheels. 99617d1207418002-bx-front-fenders-pics-tractor-003
Lastly, which I dont have a picture for is my rims/wheels. I dont have a picture at the moment, but ill get one ASAP, Im refering to the front. They rub on the bracket for them, and its eating up the sidewalls, it's gotten so far its eating the rim. I've put a few pipes the fit snuggly in it but they get eaten up, but it keeps the wheels solid. SO maybe ball bearings? I just can find the correct sizes.
Back to top Go down
Theworktractor
Theworktractor

PostSubject: Re: Hoods, fenders AND wheels.   Hoods, fenders AND wheels. Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2012, 7:07 pm

hmmmm for the front end maybe cut the hood and add a hinge type deal and bolt the grill down? as for the wheels i would have to see a picture to understand. sounds like the tires are too wide or maybe you need to add spacers? hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Hoods, fenders AND wheels.   Hoods, fenders AND wheels. Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2012, 7:02 pm

For the opening hood setup, is your hood and grille separate pieces?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Hoods, fenders AND wheels.   Hoods, fenders AND wheels. Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2012, 6:31 am

Youd have to modify the setup quite a bit - the grille would need support, id see about a donor MTD for those bars to the dash - the grille is plastic, so id suggest some sort of metal reinforcing for it inside - that way the hinges for the hood can be mounted to it, instead of the grille. The hood might need to be bent out just a bit to clear the grille - its designed to be bolted together, not hinge over it.

For the wheels, id suggest a hub setup or extend the spindles to place the wheels out further ( spacer mounted on the inside to hold wheel out) - if its a faster tractor- id go with a hub/bering setup - bushings will just be torn up and could lock up on you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoods, fenders AND wheels.   Hoods, fenders AND wheels. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hoods, fenders AND wheels.
Page 1 of 1