All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CornishMorgan

Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Empty
PostSubject: Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings   Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2013, 6:07 pm

New Video: A quick video to show what taper lock pulleys are and how the work.

Remember to Rate, Comment and Subscribe to my youtube channel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ibdalovely1
ibdalovely1

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings   Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 2:16 am

this vid is why i know your name i ran into it on youtube think its a good setup but ive never saw this type of pulley till this vid
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings   Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 5:56 am

They're very common on air compressors. Instead of buying a whole new pulley, you just buy different inserts.
Back to top Go down
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings   Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 8:35 am

ibdalovely1 wrote:
this vid is why i know your name i ran into it on youtube think its a good setup but ive never saw this type of pulley till this vid

Thanks, yeah they aren't the normal pulleys that the mower community uses but I like being different and they seem to work really well, I've never got any belt slip with these pulleys. They are quite cheap too(cheaper than normal pulleys).

Tractor Man Jeff wrote:
They're very common on air compressors. Instead of buying a whole new pulley, you just buy different inserts.

Indeed TMJ, pulley replacement takes all of 5 minutes. The company I got my pulleys from sells 12 different pulley sizes for that one bushing. So I have a choice of 100, 106, 112, 118, 125, 132, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, and 190 mm that I could use on that same bushing I have on my gearbox. They also do different shape profiles if you wanted then. The company I use sells SPA, SPB, SPC and SPZ so finding the right shape belt is easy and you don't have to use a belt that's designed for taper lock pulleys.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings   Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 10:08 am

Sweet. Nice array of options there.
Back to top Go down
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings   Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 7:27 am

I know, thats just one bushing size, They have 32 single grove SPA pulleys in total ranging from 63mm to 630mm, So I have a huge range of ratios to play with Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings   Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 11:35 am

I didt know much about tapered lock pulley till i watch this vids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings   Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taper Lock Pulleys And Bushings
Page 1 of 1