All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Who has done foot throttles?

Go down 
+14
T-Dub13
mzeng100
MurrayMayhem
crafsmankiller
TheRainbowBoxer
Bandit1
Webmaster
Murray modder
theswampmachine
Stretch44875
truckin42
Chopperhed
gearheadmike
murraymnan96
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
T-Dub13
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Who has done foot throttles? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who has done foot throttles?   Who has done foot throttles? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2013, 7:11 pm

For my personal preference, a foot throttle is a MUST. Especially when I was running a 6hp motor. I kept the governor, but I had it tweaked high enough that it would float valves anyway. But this gave me the option to rev it to the moon and dump the clutch to get me out of a hole or up a hill. I'm running my 12.5hp B&S with a foot throttle straight to the carb now. No need to rev it too high, but I do have the option if and whenever I need it. So, I say hell yeah!  Cool 
Back to top Go down
paulja98@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Who has done foot throttles?   Who has done foot throttles? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 8:00 pm

the original hand throdel is connected directly to the govoner so how could I fix that
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Who has done foot throttles?   Who has done foot throttles? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 9:27 pm

paulja98@gmail.com wrote:
the original hand throdel is connected directly to the govoner so how could I fix that

lets have some engine info, make, HP, what its mounted on, combined choke/throttle or if theyre seperate
Back to top Go down
the54
the54

PostSubject: Re: Who has done foot throttles?   Who has done foot throttles? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 3:50 am

Every tractor I have I take the governor off. The only one I keep it on is the one that cuts my grass. I don't rev mine until I really need it but other then that I don't usually rev her it till she floats.

My buddy redlines his tractor all the way down the main street in my town (for about 45 seconds) in 5th gear doin 60KPH every time he leaves my house haha. I rebuilt the engine when I first got the tractor, never had a problem with it for two years now and he opens her up all the time hittin mud and what not.

Id recommend rippin the whole governor off and hookin a cable right up to the butterfly. Although it takes a bit of an ear to tell when your over revving it. Either way your gonna be fine just don't hold her wide open allllllll the time or else you might be into somethin catastrophic! (:
Back to top Go down
Tractorreed

PostSubject: Seems like a good idea    Who has done foot throttles? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 1:23 pm

I think that it's a good idea I have a husquvarna with foot and it's very fast so it can be,done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has done foot throttles?   Who has done foot throttles? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who has done foot throttles?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2