All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Suspension with leaf springs like a truck?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

Suspension with leaf springs like a truck? Empty
PostSubject: Suspension with leaf springs like a truck?   Suspension with leaf springs like a truck? Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 3:17 pm

anyone remember me? lol its like i died. anyways im getting back into off road mowers and i was thinking of making my own rear suspension. chain drive rear end. i have some old vintage snowmobiles kicking around with the leaf spring front suspension for the skis, thinking of how I could make this work on a mower...any ideas everyone? for the front i was thinking ifs off a quad or maybe like a front axle with the same leaf spring setup i want some ideas guys thanks
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Suspension with leaf springs like a truck?   Suspension with leaf springs like a truck? Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 4:35 pm

Depends how freaky you wanna go, or if you just wanna build an "atv" in a mower dress.

Also depends on what motor you will use, vertical or old snowmobile engines and so on.
Back to top Go down
muddstir
muddstir

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Suspension with leaf springs like a truck?   Suspension with leaf springs like a truck? Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 4:52 pm

Thunderdivine wrote:
Depends how freaky you wanna go, or if you just wanna build an "atv" in a mower dress.

Hey now that hurts - jk

Its like Thunderdivine said its how you want to go and what you have to work with including tools.
To really give some input on how to make the parts go together well be needing some pics of what you got.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Suspension with leaf springs like a truck?   Suspension with leaf springs like a truck? Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 5:12 pm

muddstir wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:

Hey now that hurts - jk

Its like Thunderdivine said its how you want to go and what you have to work with including tools.
To really give some input on how to make the parts go together well be needing some pics of what you got.

Haha that wasn't ment too you nor chopperhed, those are real custom builds.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Suspension with leaf springs like a truck?   Suspension with leaf springs like a truck? Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 5:15 pm

i was thinking the only leaf spring setup i could see working would be weird, you would have to allow the leaf spring to be able to move side to side and it would be independent suspension for my idea, pretty much an A-arm suspension but replace the coils with leafs:P
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspension with leaf springs like a truck?   Suspension with leaf springs like a truck? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suspension with leaf springs like a truck?
Page 1 of 1