All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?

Go down 
+4
truckin42
WellThatsSurprising
Murray modder
Hillbilly Homer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Empty
PostSubject: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 9:27 pm

Time to redneck up the Lawn tractor with a gun rack.
Anyone else have one?
Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Murray modder

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 9:42 pm

Just make sure you have a lot of padding for those bad boys, that way you don't stractch and mar stuff.
Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 10:01 pm

Make sure to get a picture.
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 10:05 pm

I dont have one yet.
A gun rack would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 10:37 pm

LOL scratch or mar one of my guns NOT ME!

The old 12 gauge mossberg im putting on it has been bouncing around the cab of the 1030 case for 33+- years. it was taken out once a year for a good cleaning and back to the case.

P.S..

i am a old man with a lifetime of experience and training with firearms DO NOT carry or handle any firearm without proper training AND know your local gun laws!!!!

Last edited by Hillbilly Homer on April 2nd 2013, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 10:46 pm

I could see using some of those rubberized ATV mounts.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Craftsman Dude
Craftsman Dude

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 11:22 pm

I have had this idea for some time never really started it because i didnt need it but i would have used the atv mounts like stated before but i would not use them like they do on atv in my opinion the muzzle shuold be pointed to the sky or the ground unless your goin to use it (no pointing the muzzle off one side of the vehicle ) and yes fire arm safety is very important and can not be taken lightly . my i dea was to remove the deck height lever and mount it there with the muzzle pointed up and slightly forward at a angle .
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 11:43 pm

Craftsman Dude wrote:
I have had this idea for some time never really started it because i didnt need it but i would have used the atv mounts like stated before but i would not use them like they do on atv in my opinion the muzzle shuold be pointed to the sky or the ground unless your goin to use it (no pointing the muzzle off one side of the vehicle ) and yes fire arm safety is very important and can not be taken lightly . my i dea was to remove the deck height lever and mount it there with the muzzle pointed up and slightly forward at a angle .

Ive seen people mount them on the rear fender so the barrel points up.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Craftsman Dude
Craftsman Dude

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 12:15 am

Doug Fackler wrote:
Craftsman Dude wrote:

Ive seen people mount them on the rear fender so the barrel points up.

Ive never seen it done that way most people around here lay them side ways across the front rack and i hate it every time i see it.
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 6:04 am

i have seen a machete mounted on the hood before but never a gun lol
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 8:16 am

Mabe a crossbow rack?
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 4:13 pm

truckin42 wrote:
Mabe a crossbow rack?
that would be cool
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 4:15 pm

Yeha it would.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 5:34 pm

First I would need a gun license, then I would need to go to join a shooting club and go one day each week to shoot and after a year, then maybe buy my own gun. But to have a rack I would need several guns, would be bad looking at four empty slots in a gun rack. So no I don't have a gun rack Very Happy

Tho I might hang my custom made QuickDraw holster ( when i recieve it ) with the fake Colt Revolver over the steering wheel of my John deere when I'm out driving Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 6:44 pm

Thunderdivine wrote:

Tho I might hang my custom made QuickDraw holster ( when i recieve it ) with the fake Colt Revolver over the steering wheel of my John deere when I'm out driving Suspect

That can be very dangerous a fake gun will get you killed. My brother (police officer) killed a men reaching for a fake gun. We were taught "if it looks like a gun it is one.
Very Happy ...Hell move to Missouri! If you do ill give you a gun and training... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 6:47 pm

Hillbilly Homer wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:

That can be very dangerous a fake gun will get you killed. My brother (police officer) killed a men reaching for a fake gun. We were taught "if it looks like a gun it is one.
Very Happy ...Hell move to Missouri! If you do ill give you a gun and training... Very Happy

Haha I know, I could never do that here, it's crazy.
Sure ill pop on the first boat or plane, well depends what gun tho cheers
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2013, 12:16 pm

Ok the plan is to mount the gun vertical with the barrel pointed down. for the upper mount i am using a Grease Gun Holder like this one it will hold the gun and cover the receiver and trigger assembly while giving quick and easy removal. BTY for me this is lawful lol i also have a license to hunt from a motorized vehicle.
+
DO NOT buy from this guy i got mine for $10.
Grease Gun Holder
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2013, 12:33 pm

Ok sounds good.
Take pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?   Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to redneck up the lawn tractor, anybody else have a gun rack?
Page 1 of 1