All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What is best way to lift your lawnmower?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Empty
PostSubject: What is best way to lift your lawnmower?   What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 8:57 pm

Well I have been lookin for a while on how I could lift my lawnmower off of the ground so I do not need to keep crawling around on the ground. I have been using car ramps and a regular floor jack. I was looking to use a winch but decided on picking up an engine hoist. I got a killer deal from an auction that I saw on ebay that was local. thy are a liquidator so they have no reserve. got a huge lot for 70$ To make a long story they said in the auction that it was a lot of parts. Well I have put 3 full cranes together so far.. I just sold one to a buddy for 100$.. The engine hoist is your best bet...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/

PostSubject: Re: What is best way to lift your lawnmower?   What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 3:28 pm

nice deal! my uncle recently spent a bit on getting a second hand engine hoist sand blasted and repainted.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What is best way to lift your lawnmower?   What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 6:54 am

I saw a mower ramp someone built for service their tractor on ebay not long ago. Two manual winches, on the pull the tractor onto the ramps, the other raised the ramps. Lifted a good 3 foot off the ground
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What is best way to lift your lawnmower?   What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 2:57 pm

When I gotta work underneath I just take out my battery and grab my front bumper and lift it up onto it's back so it rests on the fenders! Sometimes I lift it on jack stands if it needs to be level.
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: What is best way to lift your lawnmower?   What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 3:56 pm

Ido the same as Ford Boi. but i dont have a battery to take out. Im kinda in the process of makin a adapter to put my mower on a car rotisary (cant spell) that we have when we restored my ford car. right now you can spin a 1000 lb boddy around on it with your finger tips so a lawn mower im shure I could do it easy.
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: What is best way to lift your lawnmower?   What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 6:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOahNC8O8BE&feature=related
This is a joke. A cherrypicker or shop crane gets the mower higher off of the ground. It also lifts more than 400 lbs..

I can pick my whole lawnmower off of the ground with the engine hoist. Sitting it straight up and down..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What is best way to lift your lawnmower?   What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 4:02 pm

Id like to get an electric winch - i dont feel like hurting my back lifting motors n stuff ( not as young as i used to be).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is best way to lift your lawnmower?   What is best way to lift your lawnmower? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is best way to lift your lawnmower?
Page 1 of 1