All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jamcco
jamcco

Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Empty
PostSubject: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2014, 8:40 pm

Ok so I have asked some of you guys on here for help with this already but I'm still having issues. So i redid the entire wiring system on my early 2000's Kohler 17hp Command 1 single. Now the only thing i have yet to hook up is the charge wire. will someone please tell me where the charge wire is on a kohler. I know briggs are fairly straight forward but this kohler is something different. Please help, I want to go on trails without my battery booster.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2014, 8:51 pm

Take pics of every wire that comes off your engine. I think Kohlers have regulators so itll look different.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
jamcco
jamcco

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2014, 8:58 pm

Yah I'm pretty sure I might of cut off the regulator (yah i know stupid) , I'm going to have to put that back on. This is what the wires around the regulator looks like.Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Maxres10
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2014, 9:07 pm

Its one of those.

Go to Partstree.com and look up the tractor it came off of. They might have a wiring schematic that will tell you what color wire is the charging one.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
jamcco
jamcco

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2014, 9:16 pm

I think I've got this figured out for good now, I had the 2 ac wires left coming off the engine because i disabled the regulator. Tommorow I guess I'll hook up the ac power back to the regulator. I watched this video and it helped alot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SER0Z39nLNY I didn't know that that bit was a regulator, if i did i would of never had this problem but thanks lots, I guess this is part of being new to mowers  scratch  I'm learning every day
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2014, 9:35 pm

Some have em, some dont. Most Kohlers and Vtwins do.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
MurrayMayhem
MurrayMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2014, 9:43 pm

Well anyways, if you took off the thing that hooks on, you'd see little shapes stamped onto the metal tabs on there. One has a + on it and that's the charging wire, trace it back to the other side of the mower.
Back to top Go down
jamcco
jamcco

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2014, 9:54 pm

MurrayMayhem wrote:
Well anyways, if you took off the thing that hooks on, you'd see little shapes stamped onto the metal tabs on there. One has a + on it and that's the charging wire, trace it back to the other side of the mower.

Well I guess I know what I am doing tommorrow morning  Very Happy  Thanks
Back to top Go down
jamcco
jamcco

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2014, 8:10 pm

ok so hooked up the white wires (the ones i cut.) i then proceeded to check out how much voltage is coming out of the middle wire which i assume is dc. my multimeter only read .15 volts. this doesnt seem right can someone explain to me how to hookup a lawn mower regulator to a mower that has had a wiring system done like fearless's?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help   Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheres the charge wire on a 17hp Kohler Command?????? Need Help
Page 1 of 1