All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

The Skid Deere

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 7:09 pm

As if I didnt have enough going on I dragged my sorry butt out of bed early this morning to fight rain sleet snow and some sort of slush to pick up a john deere 445 (or whats left of it) I drove 2 hours or so with my mom to pick it up from a place she works for then got it loaded (I love the CAT c5000 forklifts) got it loaded tied down made it home before noon got it unloaded and everything then set her down to sit for maybe a month or two depending on weather.

The Skid Deere Dbr9pQGl

Toasty!

The Skid Deere CEEVeE5l

Tuff torque rear end no rear steer but it does have a selectable locker!

The Skid Deere JrrWTNfl

Power steering?!?!

The Skid Deere HvmI4jAl

Hydro driveshaft

The Skid Deere RkfEExEl

What used to be a locker pedal

The Skid Deere 1WqEAbGl

Skeledeere

So for now this thread is kinda a place holder for when I get done with the massey I will more than likely work on this next seeing as timber season is fast approching and Id love to have this helping the massey along.
Plans are as follows:

Going to be primarly a log skidder the frame is pretty heavy so it could handle a grapple
Going to get a mil surp 4 cyl engine to run the hydralics and the tranny (hoping it didnt get burnt up)
She wont be green... Cat yellow (would be diesel powered but my mom said no and since it is going to be her tractor...)
Ag tires and whatnot front and rear
There is literally nothing I need to do axle wise front or rear other than rebuild and reseal everything (Did I mention I can rebuild hydraulic cylinders? used to do it for work)

Anyway well see how things go may change a few details but not much is going to really change.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 7:29 pm

That is one HOT deere!!! Most would see junk but you see a project! Very Happy lots of cool features, only if it didnt turn to popcorn!
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 7:38 pm

I dont see a reason any tractor should go to waste! If the frame is good it is worth saving!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 8:17 pm

Woah.... I hope it was free lol.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 8:21 pm

it was in fact around 20$ for gas lol maybe 30 havent filled it up yet totally worth it since the rear end is a fortune lol its also relativly unburnt!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 8:23 pm

Well fire does tend to go up. Id go through and replace all of tje seals. Hopefully nothing warped.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 8:26 pm

yeah seals and gaskets are getting replaced and hoses if all else I can still use the frame and mount up a 820
Back to top Go down
B440
B440

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 8:40 pm

Fire sale! Literally
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 8:44 pm

lol yeah
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2014, 1:01 pm

Alright guys bit of a update on this pile of steel and dreams. I have to get stuff out of the way basically so that I can start on the business end of my venture and there are two major things in the way of this at the moment...
There is what used to be a deere 445 and there is a 1.9L onan diesel, well they are getting slammed together and turned into a half track so that they will be out of my way and turned into something that will scare the sh!t out of the neighbors. I am under a bit of a time crunch so I am hoping to have this done before spring of next year.
Most of the fabrication is done already, since the stock transmission is strong enough (possibly) all I will be doing is extending the front end a foot or so to allow room for the engine and assorted whatevers that will be added. The frame will need to be reinforced and more than likely the rear will have to be extended but I will be getting into that in a later post but for now I have to survive cleaning the barn!
Back to top Go down
MoMower

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2014, 10:48 am

Any progress?
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2014, 11:18 am

mostly sourcing parts right now gonna slap some skid loader tires on it and tracks once I get the barn cleaned out Ill start working on it since the weather is getting chilly
Back to top Go down
MoMower

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2014, 10:21 am

Cool. Trying to make space in my shop to work on mine. Barn will be full of hay. Not good for clean parts. Lol
Back to top Go down
MoMower

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2014, 10:38 am

Cool. Trying to make space in my shop to work on mine. Barn will be full of hay. Not good for clean parts. Lol. The skid steer tire/track combo will be cool. I wanna find a junk z-turn for a crawler project. If I was independently wealthy, this hobby would be a lot easier. But anybody can do that. Lol
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2014, 3:27 pm

debated doing something like that if you do maybe check out the scaled tanks website might find some useful info.

http://www.scaledtanks.com/news.php
Back to top Go down
MoMower

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2014, 10:09 am

Just saved it. Thanks Moose.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2014, 2:25 pm

those guys have been at it a while building and designing their own transmissions I am on there but not as much anymore due to a lack of really wanting to build a small tank
Back to top Go down
MoMower

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2014, 10:00 am

It would be cool. But, something more useful is cooler. Around our farm it's, "No work? No eat." Fuel, hay, grain or meat. Lol
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2014, 12:43 pm

Its mostly a forum of older persons which is cool but their designs are more for show than for really beating on I like to peek at their fabrication methods and stuff like that see what they use where for body panels and other assorted things. But yeah right now I am trying to focus on stuff I need or would help around the house in the case of the massey and the skid deere its hauling logs and such I try to put practicality above play
Back to top Go down
MoMower

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2014, 11:02 am

Absolutely. Tips and techniques come in handy, no matter where they came from. I'm aways willing to learn better ways to do things. Kinda what this hobby is all about. I use it for stress relief. But my deere has been used for hauling cedar logs for post here lately. Next is a pile of firewood, from an oak I had fall. A lot easier than firing up my truck or big tractor. And cheaper than a fourwheeler.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2014, 12:03 pm

Yup here lately been using the massey to pull logs out of the woods on the smaller trees all I gotta do is drop it top it and drag it out dont gotta cut it up or anything lol Im hoping with the engine and the tracks the deere will do that for me just with bigger trees!
Back to top Go down
MoMower

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 10:38 am

Been thinking of a skidder trailer.lift the front end of the log up and chain it. Just gotta think.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 12:12 pm

I can't do something that simple lol I gotta build a grapple!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Skid Deere Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skid Deere   The Skid Deere Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Skid Deere
Page 1 of 1